Gas Tank Size

Bubbley11

I have a 15 gallon tank, which is actually 16 but I would like to put a 21 gallon tank. In the manual it says they came with both sizes and I would like to get just that much farther. Im fine with my tank as it sits but I will need two more jerry cans to go as far as my local group can go, and if they carry cans; Im about, well let just say about 50-100 miles short of them.

I was wondering if I can find the size on the car some where. I've looked but have had no luck.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of them are the 80L (21 gallon) ones. Make sure to get all the hardware and straps for the larger size tank, no counting that they will be the same... ;)

B

There was a pre and post 1994 fuel tank for the V6.

The fuel tanks from Nissan with the V6 engines supercede now to the 94-95 part number: P/N 17202-61G00

This is a 57L (15.1 gallon) tank.

The Z24 had P/N 17202-41G08. It does not tell me the size on that tank though.......

so my 94 has a 15 gallon tank?

nevermind it has to be bigger, just checked my mileage records and I have put 17.2 gallons in it before.

I've put in 19-20, so I know mine is bigger. Or that fuel hose holds 5 gallons.......

Yes it was the same size. My gas light comes on, and the truck took 65 liters before the pump shut off and I was able to squeeze 70 in there, just like before I changed the tank...

I haven't got around to measuring mine, been busy. I'll do it tomorrow.

15 gallons would suck. That is terrible range.

I'll have to measure mine, or look on the box. I have a brand new tank I was going to put in my old/parts Pathy before I decided to use it for parts. It's already sealed & painted the outside with bedliner to protect it. Let me do some checking. If you're not interested cause of shipping, It will b ready for others.....

It sucks I fill up about once every two weeks I don't drive very far but if I was too my buds would carry gas for me. I just want the range without filling up. I was just looking for a easy way to tell if it was the bigger one, so I grab the right one.

I wonder if the pre-94 tanks are 80L then. I know my 95 has a small tank, only takes ~$50 to fill, and only have a range of 200-250 miles.

But, I did just remember... My fuel tank is now out of a V6 87, as the original rusted out, and I just filled it up over the last couple weeks and it totaled about $50.

I never saw a WD21 with a 15 gallon tank. I have an archaic 91 and it has a 21 gallon capacity too. I know this because I typically fill up from half tank and get about 10 gallons in there. Maybe Nissan did have the 15 gallon option for the Z24i and KA24E engine options. I don't know. Would be cool if the OP can show what his tank looks like in the rear. Sometimes the pumps just click off too early and make you think the tank is smaller.

I'll try and get a picture. And no the pump if fine, ive dropped the tank before, and let me tell you I was the first to drop it, bolts were so bad back there. So it seems to me I just get a newer one???

There was a pre and post 1994 fuel tank for the V6.

The fuel tanks from Nissan with the V6 engines supercede now to the 94-95 part number: P/N 17202-61G00

This is a 57L (15.1 gallon) tank.

The Z24 had P/N 17202-41G08. It does not tell me the size on that tank though.......

Well they cant tell me the capacities, but they do have the sizes of the boxes they ship in and the weight of the tanks, The weight of the tanks may be a tell-tale.

V6 89-93 P/N17202-41G00

13.3x25.9x37.3 inches 31.3 LBS

V6 94-95 P/N17202-61G00

16x27x37 inches 35 LBS

Z24 P/N 17202-41G08

13.5x26x36 inches 31LBS