4x4parts.com

The_Magicians_Eye

So those guy pissed me off today. It's been building but today was the deal breaker. I've been trying to submit new photos of my truck for their truck of the month voting since I got the vinyl put on my ride. They keep deleting them though. When I asked why on the forum they deleted my post there too. No PM or nothing explaining why. So I ask them on FB why it keep happening and they respond with the following:

Just an FYI in general since Rafael brought it up -- we don't mind you showing off your trucks on our pages, but as far as selecting a specific one as the 4x4Parts representative, we choose not promote our competitors in that space. We're not badmouthing the competitor, but that would be like letting Pepsi sell hats and t-shirts in the Coca-Cola store staffed and paid for by Coca-Cola. Or Burger King giving out coupons to McDonalds. It's not a good business decision on our part. So if the other guy's decals are prominent in the shot, we'll need to exercise this policy.

Am I missing something here? How does my company or any of the stickers I have on my truck compete with 4x4parts? The only gripe they might have is the tiny RR sticker I have on the lower corner of my rear side windows. You can't even see it well enough to make it out.

Anyway the only reason I'm posting this here is because many of you know about this company an I just want to share with you my experience just trying to be an active member on their dead website. I've been a member over there since 2010 and I'm a passed customer. I currently have their parts on my truck and was going to upgrade my brakes with their parts soon. Not anymore! I've never had a problem over there until now. I don't get it...

Here is the picture they keep deleting and have some sort of problem with. You've all seen it before. If you guys see something I don't please point it out.

20130918_224645.jpg

Sorry to hear about your troubles with this.

It's a long standing issue with them. Many people have had problems with even mentioning companies or parts made by companies that are not them or endorsed by them.

I'm not siding one way or the other, just saying that these issues have been talked about for years.

First off, that is a cool picture and you have done a good job with the truck. :aok:

Second, what Red said. I have heard of many situations where they have deleted posts/threads and banned members for posting anything from negative feed back for their products to mentioning (and obviously now displaying) competetors/parts, often with little to no explanation.

From helping staff a web site, I know that things are not always what they appear to be to members/guests, but the intimately involved know exactly. That said, they seem very insecure about feed back and their market position in general. I think it is silly as it always comes down the the ratio of cost/quality/service, let the user decide what is appropriate for them, not deny that options exist. :rolleyes:

I do not know first hand, but I have only purchased a few parts and never joined the forums.

B

• Like 2

It is what it is. But I felt the need to post the situation for those that might not fully understand how these guys treat customers.

It would be one thing if I was blatantly trying to promote RR website but I clearly wasn't and you can't even see the sticker or the motor mount I bought from them. So my only other guess is that they don't like that my logo's are on the truck. And Monstaliner... If that's the case f-them. Really, that's just dumb. I built that damn thing I can put my name on it lol.

To be honest with you. If they would have just told me they don't allow branded up trucks to enter TOTM voting nor do they want them on your forum. I'd have respected the request and moved on. But to just delete my stuff and not give an explanation to what I did wrong is unprofessional.

Anyway I'm done complaining. I'll just stop buying crap from them.

Just a quick follow up. Whoever runs their facebook page tried to clear it up. This is what they said.

"As a policy, we can't advertise a company we haven't vetted and don't have a relationship with. This isn't a diss on your company, but a way to protect ours. Because as people read about other businesses here, they automatically associate it with Automotive Customizers and assume we endorse it. And if something goes wrong with service or product from the other company (and vice versa, frankly--if we have a misunderstanding with a customer, it's easy for them to say, "Oh, 4x4Parts recommended X company, so I'm avoiding them"), people lay the blame on the page owner where they saw it."

I guess that means anyone with any brand stickers on their trucks can't post photos on their website... I guess that's why they deleted the photos I uploaded yesterday before it had any logos on it? I've heard stories about these guys but this is just retarded. Off all the things they could do to run off a customer this is what they choose?.... crazy...

Your a small business owner, right? If you had a website, or whatever, you wouldn't want a competitors product all over it, would you? No offense, but I thnk you are blowing this a bit out-of-proportion. That have thier policies, just like there are policies here. If you want to plaster your rig on their website, follow thier rules, no matter how silly. I used to post on there, but it wasn't that interesting. I have been a happy customer with them, btw.

Your a small business owner, right? If you had a website, or whatever, you wouldn't want a competitors product all over it, would you? No offense, but I thnk you are blowing this a bit out-of-proportion. That have thier policies, just like there are policies here. If you want to plaster your rig on their website, follow thier rules, no matter how silly. I used to post on there, but it wasn't that interesting. I have been a happy customer with them, btw.

I don't have a problem with rules. Ask the people that run this forum. I totally understand and have no issues with rules even if I don't agree with them. It's their website and their rules take it or leave it. With that being said there are no "rules" explaining that my truck is not eligible for truck of the month voting because my company name is on my truck. So I uploaded them just like anyone else would have. My company has nothing to do with their business or their products. If it was branded with a competitor sticker I won't have even done that. That's not cool. If it was a rule that was explained to me even if it was a new rule explained to me based on seeing my new photos, I'd get it. The problem is they say anything. They just deleted the photos. If it wasn't for me asking the person who runs the facebook page I still wouldn't have any idea what the heck the problem is. And yes those are two different people. So whoever is deleting the pictures still doesn't feel the need to explain anything even after I ask why they were deleted on the forum.

Now with that being said I uploaded some photos of my truck (like I said) that didn't have any logos on the truck. I did it to see if maybe they just had a problem with the logos and those were deleted too. Again with no explanation. So now I'm scratching my head as to what was wrong with those photos. I don't see how that's blowing anything out of proportion. I'm just telling people what's going on because it just seems ******. It's not like I'm over on their forum causing problems or anything. I post less on that forum than I do here. When I do post it's just about updates to my truck and that's it. That's it and I go away. I've never had a bad word to say about them. There simply is no reason for them to act that way toward me. Ok they don't like the vinyl logos. I get it. But why delete all the photos I post? What's that about? If I'm not welcome on the website say something to me. Don't just delete the photos I post.

Anyway man I wasn't going to post anymore about this but your post came across like you think I'm trying to be a jerk to them. I just don't get what their problem is and it bugged me enough where I felt to need to share my experience. It's really not a big issue at all. It's just a review. If you're a company and you're going to act unprofessional toward me for some unknown reason I'm going to share that experience with others. No different than I'd expect any of my customers to do if I was the one treating them like that. It's just strange and annoying because there is no explanation for their actions.

Believe me and the admins on the forum can back me up on this. I'm not trying to cause problems on anyone's website. If I think something might be an issue I ask before I post.

Believe me and the admins on the forum can back me up on this. I'm not trying to cause problems on anyone's website. If I think something might be an issue I ask before I post.

Yep, this is not in question. ;)

B

• Like 1

Maybe this explains why the picture I sent them once upon a time disappeared too, but I didn't worry about it that much, I just figured they didn't like my truck that had a bunch of their parts on it, and I've been buying from other companies since.

Yeah..nothing new here. They are a total d-bag organization which very strange for an enthusiast thing like wheeling. Just pray you don't have to deal with F-Dick in "customer diservice". I m orig owner of my 97 which i've built up nicely. But i'll torch it before i give them another nickel of mine. Was i unclear on anything? :-)

• Like 1

Yeah..nothing new here. They are a total d-bag organization which very strange for an enthusiast thing like wheeling. Just pray you don't have to deal with F-Dick in "customer diservice". I m orig owner of my 97 which i've built up nicely. But i'll torch it before i give them another nickel of mine. Was i unclear on anything? :-)

I'll just say this and hopefully this will be the last time I post about this lol.

The amount of Nissan truck/SUV owners out there buying after market parts targeted toward the off road industry is really small in the grand scheme of things. I would think a company relying on that market would do their best to keep a good working relationship with every potential customer out there. I could be wrong and the market might be much bigger than I think but I doubt it.

Ether way driving people away over dumb stuff is a bad idea no matter how strong the market is.