two things every tool box needs!

MaritimeMan

Any body here watch the Red Green show????

You bet, eh! Matter of fact it's on later this evening, plan on tuning in. I have to say though that I liked the earlier shows better than the ones they've been putting up lately... I think he used more duct tape in them. :bow:

The one about the homemade ski rope-tow was great, so was the "Cigarette Bus" modification... classic. :D

Check and check! I carry a pretty full tool kit everywhere. Need a razor knife? Got it. Electrical tape? You're covered. Full socket set, assorted screwdrivers, flashlight, jumpers, spare wire to fix a frayed or shorted section, pliers, etc. etc. When you've been as broke and broken down as I have, you cover the bases. But experience says most anything can be fixed in a pinch with some duct tape, 2 screwdrivers (phillips & flat) and a pair of vice grips.

You forgot PB Penetrating Catalyst

Far more useful than WD-40 if you have a seized bolt. I could not get my exhaust bolts off from the catalytic converter. I tore the head off one before I stopped, went down to Kragen and purchased some PB.

Came home, sprayed it on, waited 5 minutes, then put my longest handled socket wrench on it and heaved.

Almost broke my hand on the body, because the bolt came loose almost instantly.

I threw away all the WD-40 I had.

WD-40 is often used for applications it's not really meant for... WD stands for Water Displacement... I used to carry a can in my baja for winter time. When water got in the distributor and the motor died, I'd just pop the cap off, spray liberally, replace the cap, and drive off....

B

Mr.P, when you say that, I get the idea you make connections like the radio operator from "Down Periscope"

Can't say as I haven't watched that. The point here is a minimalist amount of stuff that can get you out of a jam. Have you ever had something short on you in the middle of nowhere, or late at night on the way home, when there's nobody to help? That's where hacking in with a quick fix can be the difference between home or sleep in your truck. This is particularly helpful in a GM product. :P

PB Blaster is great stuff. When I did my exhaust, I soaked every nut bolt and stud for 24+ hours, didn't break a single one. What cracks me up about the stuff, is the design of the can. Looks like one of those gimmick things trying to convince you to buy it. If I didn't know better and saw it, I'd say it was a gimmick. Swear by it now though.

M.M.