Light Bulbs,Off-Road Lights,Headlights, What are you using on your R50?

borninabarn

I am looking for some brighter H-3 Bulbs for my driving lights on my R50 and was checking to see what you guys are running in yours that work good? Is anyone using 100 watt H-3s in your driving lights without any burnt wiring problems? LED for the driving lights?

Is anyone using the LED lighting for your off-road lights? Better?

Edited by borninabarn

Well, im planning on upgrading my lights to the JDM height adjustable projectors so that i can run HID's and look like a total dickhead.

With that, i have plans of a grill guard, like yours, and ill most likely run some basic 60W hella's where you have yours.

and finally i have a set of 35W 5000K HID's in my factory fog lights, yes they are blue, and once i order new bulbs, they will be YELLOW!!

MAYBE in the future ill run some roof lights like 01silverpathy did a while back, looks pretty awesome, the wind noise will be something to consider though.

-Kyle

• Like 2

I have Phillips Xtreme-Power 9003s in my headlamps- huge difference there. I covered my fogs with a yellow lamin-x film, and stock bulbs. (waiting for alternatives) Overall the stock output is decent, but since I needed more for exploring the desert, I installed some Rigid Dually Spots in my bumper, with small pod fogs as something to light up the rocks etc. Very happy with this setup!

• Like 1

I have Phillips Xtreme-Power 9003s in my headlamps- huge difference there. I covered my fogs with a yellow lamin-x film, and stock bulbs. (waiting for alternatives) Overall the stock output is decent, but since I needed more for exploring the desert, I installed some Rigid Dually Spots in my bumper, with small pod fogs as something to light up the rocks etc. Very happy with this setup!

I checked out Rigid Dually Spots website looks like some nice lighting.Did you buy the flush mounted lights and install them where the factory fogs are? Do you know what ones you bought?

Im running the Hella H3 100w in the factory fogs. Working pretty good. But headlights do have some to desire.

The best 9004 that is out there is the Phillips Xtreme Vision. Usually about $30 on Amazon. But keep track of it and they go on sale for less than $13 often.

Currently running Wagner 9004 TV2s.

Edited by Rebelord

6000k HID in the headlights, 7,500 lumen LED light bar on my oem fog-lights switch (modded so that they turn on without the headlights), 2 x 100w KC Daylighters (soon to be removed), El Cheapo side & rear illumination.

Edited by theexbrit

Im running the Hella H3 100w in the factory fogs. Working pretty good. But headlights do have some to desire.

The best 9004 that is out there is the Phillips Xtreme Vision. Usually about $30 on Amazon. But keep track of it and they go on sale for less than $13 often.

Currently running Wagner 9004 TV2s.

How long have you had the 100 watt H-3s in? No problems ?

I have in mine headlight with 90-100w (not the best) , were use to be the vent at the side were the original fog light goes (mine didn´t came with fog light) I monted 2 hella rectangular spot light and in the mittle of bumper on the down side I have 2 rectangular LED expantion lights.

have in mine that in my country the legal light have to be mounted on and down the bumper.

20130907_111433_zpsceaff61b.jpg

• Like 2

What's the consensus on jamming HID's in the factory fogs? I'm leaving this way but is it worth the extra work?

Awesome tent jhvaron! I've been looking at the Tepui Autana which looks similar to yours. Who makes that one?

What's the consensus on jamming HID's in the factory fogs? I'm leaving this way but is it worth the extra work?

Awesome tent jhvaron! I've been looking at the Tepui Autana which looks similar to yours. Who makes that one?

They make a HID H-3 set up.I purchased My HID kits from simplyhid.com.I put a set in my HELLA 700FFs and I myself have never seen anything as bright as they are and it was an easy fab.I have the high/low HB2 HIDs for my headlamps they have a bluish tint that I like anyway so I am kind of looking for a couple bluish tint and 100watt H-3s for my driving lights for now if its safe to run 100 or 130 watt bulbs in there? Is it safe if any of you are running them?Maybe for the price of the good bulbs they have on amazon it would be better just to get another HID kit? They sure are bright! But the reflector in your light body is more important to a good light beam I think? Who has the best bargains for driving/Fog lamps and bulbs

I'm running 4300k 35w hi lo hid in factory headlights work amazing with our glass lenses in the series 1 .4300k is white daylight not blue so they actually work in rain etc the higher colors tend to not penetrate well in the rain. I use a 24 inch Cree led light bar on the roof all flood and have 4 separate 6inch Cree led spots on my front bar two pointed 45 degrees out to light up kangaroos etc at night all work excellent for me.

Considering the amount of animals that like to commit vehicular suicide in Western Australia . Led light bars are defiantly miles ahead off roading as the spread and color of light is amazing , HIDs give the distance on the open road. Once you have HIDs or Leds you wont go back to halogen the current draw is so much less and the quality of light with lack of heat is awesome.

• Like 1

By far, the best choice now for lighting is an led light bar.

I have 4 HID KC day lighters on my roof, and they work very well, but I added a light bar underneath them this summer, and now I don't even use the HID's anymore, and am actually considering removing them completely.

The light bars come in different lengths from 12" to 40". I put a 20" on the front and want to get a couple 12" ones for the sides and back to simply use as "work" lights angled downwards.

The led bars don't throw the light quite as far as the KC's do, but it completely fills all the area that you need to watch for animals running out on the hiway etc...

esa7e4a9.jpg

• Like 2

^^^ Very true, I had some KC Daylighters & they were bright & threw the light a long way, but the white light of my 24" LED bar is much nicer & way brighter too. As you say, not the same distance but 7,500 lumens is enough light for me, especially for $120. I just removed my Daylighters & now only have the bar.

Where have you guys found the best prices on the LED lights??

^^^ Very true, I had some KC Daylighters & they were bright & threw the light a long way, but the white light of my 24" LED bar is much nicer & way brighter too. As you say, not the same distance but 7,500 lumens is enough light for me, especially for $120. I just removed my Daylighters & now only have the bar.

Here is my setup:

IMG_1911GG_zpsc798591a.jpg

Rigid Dually D2 Spots, and some little cube fogs pointed outwards to illuminate the rocks etc. They did an excellent job illuminating in a dust storm in Anza Borrego. Very happy. Total cost for all 4: $220

They make a HID H-3 set up.I purchased My HID kits from simplyhid.com.I put a set in my HELLA 700FFs and I myself have never seen anything as bright as they are and it was an easy fab.I have the high/low HB2 HIDs for my headlamps they have a bluish tint that I like anyway so I am kind of looking for a couple bluish tint and 100watt H-3s for my driving lights for now if its safe to run 100 or 130 watt bulbs in there? Is it safe if any of you are running them?Maybe for the price of the good bulbs they have on amazon it would be better just to get another HID kit? They sure are bright! But the reflector in your light body is more important to a good light beam I think? Who has the best bargains for driving/Fog lamps and bulbs

Any details on the Headlight HID swap? Have you aimed them so they're not blinding to oncoming traffic? (Aka, will I get pulled over :laugh: )

Edited by Karmann

Not in an R50 but in my WD21 I picked up a pair of Hella Euro spec H4 headlights and a pair of Hella 55 watt low, 100 watt high bulbs, the high beams kick some serious ass !!! I also have a pair of Hella Rally 2000's that will be going on a custom light bar mounted to my xterra rack.