Windows Seizing

edta1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ it didnt seem to help my windows much

Talking about the one I bought? I saw no immediate difference. Maybe I'll stop by and buy one of other brands mentioned on here.

I saw no immediate difference. Maybe I'll stop by and buy one of other brands mentioned on here.

With what I used, I saw an immediate difference, on the first up/down cycle. But I was not shy in spraying it in :P . It ended up dripping out the door drains. I also applied a little to the lower half of the channels in the window frame. Nor sure that helped :shrug: .

• 1 year later...

Just thought that I would bump this thread up, its starting to get cold here in the states, and I just posted a different thread asking about this, then found this one. Thought it would be helpful for those who didn't know it was here. I plan on trying it out this weekend, I don't doubt its going to work wonders. Thanks.

/\ what he said, spray where A & B meet... get a straw for your nozzle.

00Path, nice work on figuring out the search function - you wanna show the rest of the newbs (and some old timers) how you did it! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow..I have this problem on my pathy too, only started in cold weather and almost everytime it rains.

At my sears hardware store, I picked up this for $3.59:

LG_M914.JPG

OH, it didnt come with the thin red plastic straw, so i hijacked one from the adjacent cans of other stuff ;) I'm going to jail

edit: I havent tried it out yet, lost the straw thing somewhere . will post result

Edited by NaturaTek

• 2 weeks later...

Our first winter with a 2001 pathfinder was a nightmare with the windows, especially when trying to get coffee at the drive through window in the morning. After three trips to the dealer to "lube" the track, they finally replaced the drivers side window molding and and has never acted up since then (going on one year now).

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

for those who tried it and it didnt work just keep spraying on the ends with the door open and keep spraying untill u see the silicone drip from the bottom of the door , lol makes a lil of a mess but once its done dripping from the bottom of the door u will be good, it lasted me close to a year with no problems , b4 i found this thread the dealer wanted to charge me $400 for new window motors , meanwhile they were probally gonna put silicone spray in there and make a huge profit off a shmo , lol good thing i stumpled on this thread n site

for those who tried it and it didnt work just keep spraying on the ends with the door open and keep spraying untill u see the silicone drip from the bottom of the door , lol makes a lil of a mess but once its done dripping from the bottom of the door u will be good, it lasted me close to a year with no problems , ...

That's what I did too, and it works for the rear windows as well as they got real slow just before I sold her.

good call Trialsin,

I work in the paint dept at the local Lowes part time and WD-40 is amazing stuff, but for anything rubber or grease it is trouble. It will try to remove the rubber and even some plastics. It is however along with lacquer thinner great for removing under coat and many old oil cover parts that need special attention.

--Definately stick with the silicone spray--

great post topic :gossip:

That's how I cleaned my baked and covered in oil valve covers when I changed my gaskets. Sprayed some on there, let it sit, old tooth brush and scrub it down, hose it off, and good as new!

• 1 month later...

I did this today! I used the same silicone spray pictured above and it worked like a champ! I would have never believed this worked so well if I had not tired it. I used to joke about how I purchased the "extra sloooow window option". Not any more. Thanks!

• 1 month later...