Windows Seizing

edta1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came from the dealership and the only can they had just said lubricant on it and was $14. I didn't buy it because the parts guy said the shop area buys their own stuff and may use something different. Runnerman, do you have a picture or exact name of the stuff? Thanks!

I had to reschedule my appointment that was on Friday to this Wed coming up, I've been Super Sick :oops: , thank god I'm feeling better but I have to pick some Miracle Spray :Magic: up so I will post a pic on Wed. be later in the afternoon though.

When I talked to my dealer on the ph# I'm pretty sure he quoted me about $7-$8 Cad for the spray.

:beer:

Ok this is the very best way to apply this without getting any on your windows.

First Roll your window all the way down

2- On the side of your door frame spray where the window slides AKA window track this goes down inside your doors.

If this does not explain it specifically let me know and I will take a pic of what I mean litarally.

ALAS! No more opening to door to pay for parking or wendys! I used just a generic "pure silicone" spray, worked wonders for that sluggish window, I thought for sure the motor was dying.

:lol:

You guys are priceless...runnerman... :huh: ...those pics are awesome :bow:

i had to read my way through the pezz-man needing the imagination bump 3 times and go to the next page to see the pics (3 times also) before the laughter brought tears to my eyes!!! :lol:

the shear idea is just awesome..uhh but anyway (cough, cough) :mellow:

runnerman the way you are showing it really doesn't get any on the windows?

I literally just got min tined and don't want to make a mess of them already.

runnerman the way you are showing it really doesn't get any on the windows?

I literally just got min tined and don't want to make a mess of them already.

Then those pics should definately help you. ;)

Ya sometimes pics are allot easier to explain something like that, then words.

Parts guy tried to explain to me but he was talking all over the darn place so came to the conclusion he had no clue :confused: .

So machanic showed me how they fix the windows that are seized or slow up/down motion ya different then what the parts guy said.

But don't spray it in the angle part of the window Track as it drips onto the window. Just good to know.

i had to read my way through the pezz-man needing the imagination bump 3 times and go to the next page to see the pics (3 times also) before the laughter brought tears to my eyes!!! :lol:

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

ahem., pez-WO-man ;)

Thanks for the info & pics Runnerman!!

My front passenger window is much slower than the my side. I sometimes forget to hold the button a few seconds longer and leave the truck with a cracked window freely allowing the Las Vegas dust to enter. I'm not sure if its because of the accident that slow it down since or if its just slow.

I think I'm going to give it a try and lubricate it some. Where do I spray?

I think I'm going to give it a try and lubricate it some. Where do I spray?

see runnerman's easy how to step by step process with illustrative photos above.

(hows that for selling - i gotta stop watching infomercials at 1:00am) :rolleyes:

Definately give it a shot, my passenger was much slower and when i would close the windows in the summer I often left a rather large gap as I just stopped when the driver's side was all the way up. Used the miracle window trick and it worked!

Guest girlpath

Thanks for the suggestion. I bought generic silicon spray from an auto parts store. But instead of rolling the window all the way down. I rolled it down until the edge just past the vertical part of the runner. Then I stuck the plastic spray tube way down inside the runner and squirt away. I did this on all 4 windows, both sides of the window. I then sprayed just a little at the top part of the open runner.

It worked a little at first, but as I've used the windows more, and the temps have increased, the windows are working great now!

$3 vs $170...hmm let's think on that.

Will the magic WD40 work? Not sure of thats considered silicone. Its pretty late and I don't feel like running around looking for a place that's open.

Edited by 90seven

good call Trialsin,

I work in the paint dept at the local Lowes part time and WD-40 is amazing stuff, but for anything rubber or grease it is trouble. It will try to remove the rubber and even some plastics. It is however along with lacquer thinner great for removing under coat and many old oil cover parts that need special attention.

--Definately stick with the silicone spray--

great post topic :gossip:

Spray?

That's it? A simple, anyone can do, inexpensive repair to a 10,000 part machine?

What about all of our tools? Our epoxy-floored garage? Our weekends' with no football? Our top dog status? What are we going to do with all of that??

No way man! I'm ripping the doors off, missing the special night out with the wife, smashing my fingers, scaring the dog, leaving grease stains on every glass, plate, bowl and portable phone I leave stacked on the roof of the Pathy .. because I want everyone to be happy, dammit.

Because only we know, it ain't that simple.

And just to think :confused:

:lol::lol:

It's true, ain't it.

I love my tools but boy was I glad when that off the shelf silicon spray did its thing.

I recall changing the window motors out on a Pontiac once. You'd think a green beret outfit was called in to design the door so that you couldn't possibly get to the motors without sacrificing life or limb (or digit) .. literally.

Thanks ACE Hardware!