New Rotors&Pads, front brakes get hot/smoke? Uhhhhh.

Kyle94

after you installed the rotors pads did you break in the pads? From article on Tirerack site full article here:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=85

"All brake pads must be bedded-in with the rotor they will be used against to maximize brake performance. The bedding-in process involves a gradual build up of heat in the rotors and pad compound. This process will lay down a thin layer of transfer film on to the rotor surface. Following the bed-in procedures provided by the manufacturer will assure a smooth, even layer of transfer film on the rotor and will minimize brake judder."

"Bedding-in new pads and rotors should be done carefully and slowly. Rapid heat build up in the brake system can lead to warped rotors and or glazed brake pads"

Regarding the brakes? I already. Did. As for the clunking. I have not. It's going to the shop tomorrow to see how much they will charge to look at. And then the Nissan dealership so they can fix the starting strut rot and prevent it from doing more. Hooray for having a day off. Lol.

Definitely check the for loose bolts...that should be every time you're under the vehicle. ;)

You have a standard or automatic?

Clunk can be anything from trans, front diff, suspension, etc. Definitely have to get under there and figure out what's making the noise.

Brakes: Warped rotors from the factory have to be pretty darn rare. If I replace rotors, I'm a huge Brembo fan...don't know if they make them for the R50.

I would bet you have a clogged/bad piston cylinder. Try flushing the brake fluid...or even rebleed?

Upon playing around making it clunk today. I discovered. It is defiantly something in the drivers side hub/brake/strut. It does it when I change directions. Like if I go in reverse it sometime does it depending on angle. And then when I go to go forward it clunks.

But it goes to the shop wednesday at eleven for the brake issue to get check out. And then to Nissan/ford for two recalls. Filler tube. And the strut tower recall. Just to get inspected though.

Yeah, anything related to recalls is always free whether it be inspections or repairs. Warranty work generally is free too (seatbelt replacement, certain emissions components if you're still within their respective warranty periods, etc).

• 2 weeks later...

Upon playing around making it clunk today. I discovered. It is defiantly something in the drivers side hub/brake/strut. It does it when I change directions. Like if I go in reverse it sometime does it depending on angle. And then when I go to go forward it clunks.

But it goes to the shop wednesday at eleven for the brake issue to get check out. And then to Nissan/ford for two recalls. Filler tube. And the strut tower recall. Just to get inspected though.

If she is a 4x4 u may wanna check your front drive shaft universals. when they start getting a little sloppy it will clunk when u change directions from revers to forward and forward to reverse too. /shrug something easy hope u find it.

Turns out, the brake caliper bracket's top bolt was LOOSE. Explains the clunk in change of direction as the bracket slides to hit the other side... tightened that up and took it for a drive. i now have a taller brack pedal and no clunk under braking or driving down the road...