X-Terra Roof Rack?

jcollins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dont suppose it would work on a pathy with a moon roof?

It should work. THe center feet should be out far enuff :shrug: But then again you have to have to cut the down the crossbars so you could move them out to the side more....if you want I can get width for you and then you can see for youelf

• 1 month later...
i have looked high and low and can't find a xterra rack anywhere. argghh. i need one for snowboarding. i see the damn things all over the place, they just belong to someone else. that rack looks great on the pathy.

look in ebay... or most junk yards can do a search for one to see of anyone has one. I think the local one here has one could look but dont know if it would be worth shipping

got the rack on, i'll post some pictures tonight. it was so easy, the whole install went in about 20 minutes. i got the factory torx screws, so a socket did fit down in the feet. i had to cut about 6" off the front down tubes, and cut 4 slits in the tubing to get the factory pieces to go back in(hard to explain)and drill the holes. i used some silicone to seal the screws and walla, it's on. anyways, worthwhile mod, easy to do and cheap. you must do this if you want a rack. i did not get the factory wind deflecter, but it would be super easy to make that fit. the factory basket doesn't fit, but oh well.

Dustin

Edited by twotirefryer

What are the chances of running wires through the roof and into the tubes?  I happen to have 7 projector HID lights going on the roof and the wiring would be much easier if it could be run through the tubes.

Pretty sure that's how Medic over on NTC ran his and there is certainly plenty of room in the headliner of the old Pathies. :aok:

Edit: here is a link, but he took down all the pics of his truck :confused:

Edited by SkinnyPedal

What are the chances of running wires through the roof and into the tubes? I happen to have 7 projector HID lights going on the roof and the wiring would be much easier if it could be run through the tubes.

You can its all hollow tubing. I didnt use the slits or bolts in the front. Gont really need it, so that would be the best place to run the wires. I would do it at the same time you iinstall the rack. Its a PITA to remove the headliner. But now you got me thinking :beer: Does any one have a extra crossbar with the end peices they dont want?

• 2 weeks later...

heh, i bought my pathfinder for snowboarding. then i went wheeling. i used to drag race my galant vr4 lots, but now it's been converted back to street sweeper status and the pathfinder is my new toy. wheeling beats the @!*% outta drag racing any day of the week. plus it's cheaper by FAR

to put this back on topic, the rack is strong. i put one of my buddies up there while i was doing some 4 wheel drive drifting in the snow. it held up fine as he grabbed it going over the side. stupid i know, but he wanted to do it. got it on video, hilarious.

• 7 years later...

The 2 door has the same roof space right? Im definately gonna try thins, can someone please show me a close-up of the cut and reattachment of the feet, Or do you guys just cut it in the middle and re weld it?

• 2 weeks later...