Would anyone be interested if these Coil Spring Spacers were available?

borninabarn

Surfing the super web trails again and ran across a guy that makes Real nice spacers.I also talked to the right person at daystar and the guy gave me the blue print for the Spacers part number KT09100BK that fits the 90-95 Toyota 4-Runner rear.We have been talking back and forth and I told him the sizes I thought some of us would want.

1.25,1.50,1.75,2.00,2.50" With all of these they would fit the stock R50 coils.If the price would be very fair on these would you guys think these would go over well or not? He also said we could work on the fronts also.

Here is the guys write up:

1999-2005 2†COIL & STRUT SPACER LIFT KIT
A little background about my parts: I have made and sold literally thousands of these style lift kits with NO complaints. If my parts sagged, compressed or were defective in ANY way, my response would show it. I have worked with all types of plastics professionally for 16 years and know from experience what to use and what not to. My spacers are made from the best quality urethane money can buy and will never go bad. This is the same material used in the factory suspension parts for many OEM's. Other guys sell metal spacers. Really? Metal rusts and is overkill. Here is what I make and sell: Description:

Up for sale is a coil and strut spacer lift kit that will lift your vehicle a full 2†all around. These are made to fit 1999-2005 Suzuki Sidekicks, Chevy/Geo Trackers, Suzuki Vitaras, Grand Vitaras, & XL-7s.They will fitboth 2-door & 4-doormodels, 2wd & 4wd. This kit includes: 2-1.5†coil spacers for the front springs. 2-1.5†strut spacers with bolts/nuts for the front strut mounts. 2-2†coil spacers for the rear springs, 6 small UHMW spacers with longer bolts and washers for the strut brace under the hood. THIS IS NOT A BODY LIFT IN ANY WAY. This is a suspension lift kit and will not effect steering, brakes, or fuel lines in any way. I ALSO MAKE THE SAME STYLE LIFT KITS FOR 1989-1998 TRACKERS, SIDEKICKS, & X-90. THESE VEHICLES MAY BE CALLED BY OTHER NAMES IN OTHER COUNTRIES. PLEASE CHECK TO SEE WHAT MODEL YOU HAVE BEFORE ORDERING. PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER sales FOR INFO ON THESE. All parts are made from cast urethane. This material is used to make tooling for the foundry industry. They are extremely durable & will not crush or deform at all like some softer spacer lifts on the market. The coil spacers have a 1/2" tall alignment flange to properly locate the spacer with the spring.The coil spacers go on top of the spring, over the spring post. The strut spacers go on top of the factory strut mount to lower the mount 1.5†thus compensating for the spring spacer. The coil spacers simply install over the upper spring post and the springs are put back into place. The factory strut-mounting studs will need to be driven or drilled out and the longer supplied bolts and lock nuts hold the spacer and factory mount into place. The strut brace spacers allow the brace to still be used after dropping the mount with the spacer. I've used the same style kit on my 1997 Sidekick 4-door Sport for 6+ years now, they have not crushed or deformed at all. They are all dimensionally consistent as they are cast from a master set of molds, not machined or cut by hand. All edges are smooth, and personally inspected by me. The color runs completely through the parts. They are not painted and will not fade.

You will need to lengthen/replace the rear shocks. I will send part numbers of shocks that fit great and bolt right up. Instructions for installation will be included. I highly recommend you replace the rear shocks instead of just modifying the mount, as this will weaken the whole assembly. The set of shocks I used were only about $20 each, and work great. I will send part numbers of longer rear shocks that are cheap and fit great using the 2†rear spacers.

Frequently asked questions:

Why 1.5†spacers in front and 2†in the rear? - The 1.5†spacers in front will give you a full 2†of lift due to the suspension angles of the independent front end. You can use 2†spacers up front but the front will sit higher and the CV shafts will be subjected to severe angles thus wearing faster. The 2†spacers in the rear give you exactly that, 2†of lift due to the straight axle design. 95% of my customers use the combo setup and love it as do I.

What size tires can I use when I use these spacers? - Tire size depends on a lot of things. Will you cut/trim the fenders? Will you use a body lift? Will you use factory rims or aftermarket? The red Tracker in the picture is running this kit and 30" tires. If you want to trim the fenders a lot and crank out the steering stops so they do not rub the frame you could run 33" tires on a 2dr. The only problem with tires bigger than about 31" is these little Suzuki's do not have the horsepower to turn them!!!! 235/75’s (29â€) and 245/75’s (30â€) are the most common sizes guys use.

How hard are they to install? - Anyone who has some mechanical ability should be able to easily install this kit in 4-5 hrs. The hardest part in getting the front springs back in but a spring compressor helps greatly.

Why pay hundreds of dollars more for other lifts when for under $200 you can gain a full 2†of lift giving you more ground clearance and allowing the use of larger more aggressive tires???? The addition of this lift transforms these little SUV's into a worthy on or offroad rig.

• Like 1

For those that would like a rear lift in these heights 1.25",1.50",1.75",2.00",2.50",2.75" and you use your factory Nissan Rear coil springs that you already have I will be posting the affordable prices soon in the Parts for Sale section.

Edited by borninabarn

There was another thread recently about these type of coil spacers for the rear. I'd have to find it. But I believe the user ended up using Daystar's rear spacers for same model 4Runner and they worked.

There was another thread recently about these type of coil spacers for the rear. I'd have to find it. But I believe the user ended up using Daystar's rear spacers for same model 4Runner and they worked.

I called and emailed Daystar and the only spacer daystar has available is a 1.25.That is why I thought it would be nice for people to be able to use their stock coils to obtain a rear lift at a fraction of the price of lift springs and have many sizes available to choose from.I am just trying to help out.

never mind i re read and got the answer but why do u have to custom make them if your using 4runner parts anyway i mean they have so much aftermarket support its ridiculous i mean daystar themselves only make one but in a five min search i found lots of other people who made kits as well in taller sizes than 1.5in i see what your going for just dont understand why its all really necessary i guess

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-4Runner-1990-1995-2-5-Coil-Spring-Spacer-Rear-Lift-Kit-/281148652049?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4175c3fa11

The spacers are made from the best quality urethane money can buy and will never go bad. This is the same material used in the factory suspension parts for many OEM's. It tells all this on the first post and by the links to the pictures.The pictures are of the first 2 made and will be mailed to me for test fit.I have received the pricing on the spacers 1.25 up to 2.75 Very affordable and free shipping continental United States.As soon as we are done they will be made available NPORA will be the first place offered because This is the Pathfinder site!

never mind i re read and got the answer but why do u have to custom make them if your using 4runner parts anyway i mean they have so much aftermarket support its ridiculous i mean daystar themselves only make one but in a five min search i found lots of other people who made kits as well in taller sizes than 1.5in i see what your going for just dont understand why its all really necessary i guess

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-4Runner-1990-1995-2-5-Coil-Spring-Spacer-Rear-Lift-Kit-/281148652049?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4175c3fa11

It seems like everytime you pop up in a discussion your on the negative side towards everything for whatever is being talked about ? Try and be positive for once! You really dont have to understand why I am doing this.I am not doing it for money because I am not making them I am doing it for the guys that can afford hundreds of dollars to get there pathfinder lifted like me.Now they will be able to.Very soon!

i dont really think u have been posting on here long enough to warrant what u just said about me. That seems like a blatant over statement if i do say so myself as a person who trys new things myself i get it. But what i was simply saying is your adding alot of work to yourself linkin park confirmed this worked already and since i have the daystars myself sitting in my garage visually they look right now the front is always the hard part and if this guy can do that go for it but to keep this thread on topic ill just remove myself from your topic and wont post on it anymore okay

i dont really think u have been posting on here long enough to warrant what u just said about me. That seems like a blatant over statement if i do say so myself as a person who trys new things myself i get it. But what i was simply saying is your adding alot of work to yourself linkin park confirmed this worked already and since i have the daystars myself sitting in my garage visually they look right now the front is always the hard part and if this guy can do that go for it but to keep this thread on topic ill just remove myself from your topic and wont post on it anymore okay

That sounds great!I dont want enemies maybe I misunderstood you and took it wrong?? Like I said before I am trying to help out those college kids and those who would like a lift but cant afford $500 worth of springs and $500 worth of shocks that are all over priced they have an option.There are people like me that are not all in it to make a quick buck since there are not that many options for us.If there isnt any thing positive to say dont say anything.I am going to leave all the questions for my Friend that will be making these and he has made thousands of spacers and has had zero probems.When the prices that I have come out you will see he isnt trying to get rich quick either Peace. :friday:

Looks nice. Once I do get my new front struts in the front with the strut spacers. I'll see how the truck ends up sitting.

Would be nice, if you could put them with the springs on the front strut to add a lil lift.

Here is my rear lift with the New 2.5" spacers that will be available real soon.To the lip of my fender flares its 34.5" Nothing done on the front yet.

9554160454_8f8ab56af6_c.jpg

Edited by borninabarn

The spacers are ready to order guys.Here is the pricing and Jeffs contact info:Email him and let him know what size you want and your contact info and he will handle everything.Price is for 2 spacers.

1.25"-$65

1.50"-$70

1.75"-$75

2.00"-$80

2.25"-$85

2.50"-$90

2.75"-$95

Contact Jeff at jeffhoepker@charter.net

It mostly depends on what size lift you are wanting? There are alot of lift experts on here that could help you pick out what would work out best in the front after you let us know how high you want to go? The guys are very helpful here!

Edited by borninabarn

Delta you should try and use the search bar on the upper right.Search "LIFT" or what ever you are looking for.The more reading you do the more you will understand what is involved in lifting your R50.There are lift coil springs you can buy,Sub frame drops,small spacers,etc.

• 2 months later...