October 12th off roading!

5523Pathfinder

Ok all, as you have seen, I did not put a big thing together for a Mr.Jim run this year. The last several years, I made sure to give everyone a 5-6 month notice, pick a location and work out details, ect. But things still seem to fizzle out, oh well. So, I still want to go. October is still a great time here in the northwest as we have all seen. I have been trying to go otherwise recently, but, life keeps getting in the way. So here it is...

Saturday, October 12th. Elbe hills. Meet at the rest stop in town at 9am.

There is a small gas station next to he rest stop, but I recommend filling up and getting something to eat and drink further away, as prices can be somewhat high down there.

Here is some info on the trails...

http://www.pnw4wda.org/trails/washington/elbe_hills.htm

Elbe has a wide variety of trails for all vehicles and driving experience.

When driving down, keep your cb on channel 4, as that is what we have been using every other time we go out. I highly recommend some kind of recovery gear(shovel, highlift, chain, snatch strap ect). Last time i went out there was only one vehicle issue, and it was on a old Scout. Hopefully some others can go, but I know myself and probably Silverpath will probably go!

Let me know what you us think and how interested you are. It was a lot of fun the last time!

From the Seattle area..

http://www.mapquest.com/#c6c51f18203b9d279c827931

From the Portland area..

http://www.mapquest.com/#ed69dde808f124d4aa1905ed

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm always interested. But have been the kind of busy for the last 6 months that hasn't allowed me to have much fun... so we'll see. I'll know in a few weeks if my schedule will be any easier by October. I'll keep lurking in the meantime!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You might double check the area for hunters. That is s popular area for deer, elk, bear, and cougar. The date you have up may be in conjunction with modern firearms season. I would join in as I live just off mnt hiway in Roy/eatonville area. As a hunter, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt on accidental misidentification( are you a bear) mistake.since I will be working/driving won't get back for hunting or wheeling..bummer

That's cool, yea your right very well marked, bn going up there for last 20 plus years. Four wheel and quads. I helped rework the camp area few years back. Me being a friend of both hobbies, wheeling and hunting don't want any conflicts. Not all hunters are so nice. I know I have had more than one armed conflict with guys stealing my kill, 2 deer and a elk. Please have fun for me. Just beware of the armed idiots. One day I Will join in the fun. I am still long way from the pathy being trail ready. Right now all I use is the titan. Took it bear hunting last week and was on trails so tight I wish my pathfinder was done.scratch city....time for polishing and buffer..LOL. well be safe. Tread lightly.

• Like 1

What? ZOMG, wish I had known about this earlier!

Just kidding. Only thing my truck needs is a full tank of gas and it's good to go. Also lacking in recovery gear. I always head out with Mr.510 who has enough recovery gear to unsink the Titanic, so I've never bothered getting my own. :FartExplode-vi:

So does that mean your both coming?

I can't say for certain that David will be coming, last time we went out he bent three tie rod ends, all within about 45 minutes of each other, it was a rough day of standing around a bunch. Something is up with his suspension and I don't believe he's got it sorted out yet, so unlikely.

Hey! The still on that video is my truck! :D