Looking for expedition rig ideas, post up your Pathfinder long distance travel mods!

Nefarious

I grew up on the LESS IS MORE philosophy. When I was a Kid we did a Trans-Canada trip coast to coast in a VW Fox, 2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 Black Lab. We spent 4 weeks living out of the trunk, by the end of the trip we could have the tent up, a fire lit and coffee going in about 20min. Road tripping in a Pathy is gonna be down right luxury.

Lets face it most of us spend 70% of our driving time on tarmac, which means food/water/gas is not that far away. If you are planning a trip to the Back of Behind the known universe than follow the 6P principle..

PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE.

Who needs to spend $1200 or more on a RTT? I know they look cool but thats a lot of gas. I'm happy with my $150 ground tent and tarp set up.

Check out 4xfourm.com that guy has some great info on Overlanding African style and hours of great video.

• Like 1

Yeah my suspension is much beefier than stock so I'm sure my gvwr is higher than stock. I run much bigger truck shocks and springs, only my torsion bars and control arms are stock. Poly bushings everywhere, Ford f350 rear shocks, bronco 2 front shocks, jeep 5.9l v8 springs, soon to be air bags in the rear for the offroad trailer I'm building . I'm confident it is sufficiently beefed up to carry some extra weight.:)

Also just finished swapping in a new rear axle I got for 40$ that has factory lsd and disk brakes so my braking has also increased greatly from the swap.

I went out to my truck last night to make some plans and finish up my girls vg33 swap and took a look under the rear seats, I am going to do it. There is tons of room down there, I could get a really nice sized extra storage area out of the deal. I'll put up a thread for that project, when I get to it .

Today we are finishing my girls vg33 swap, so I will have time for my beast again soon!

BTW, those shots of the baja are really cool! It's strange to see the ocean next to a desert, for me I look away from the ocean and see nothing but green. I love the diversity of this world, I just can't wait until I have more time to explore it.

Edited by Nefarious

• 7 months later...

Yeah my suspension is much beefier than stock so I'm sure my gvwr is higher than stock. I run much bigger truck shocks and springs, only my torsion bars and control arms are stock. Poly bushings everywhere, Ford f350 rear shocks, bronco 2 front shocks, jeep 5.9l v8 springs, soon to be air bags in the rear for the offroad trailer I'm building . I'm confident it is sufficiently beefed up to carry some extra weight.:)

Also just finished swapping in a new rear axle I got for 40$ that has factory lsd and disk brakes so my braking has also increased greatly from the swap.

I went out to my truck last night to make some plans and finish up my girls vg33 swap and took a look under the rear seats, I am going to do it. There is tons of room down there, I could get a really nice sized extra storage area out of the deal. I'll put up a thread for that project, when I get to it .

Today we are finishing my girls vg33 swap, so I will have time for my beast again soon!

i really wanna see your seat storage compartment that you came up with!!

• Like 1

I haven't gotten to it yet, as I ended up moving for a second year of college and was daily driving my truck up until this last week. My car is back on the road now and the truck is parked and ready to go under the knife again. I'll keep updated when I dig in again.

• 1 month later...

I haven't gotten to it yet, as I ended up moving for a second year of college and was daily driving my truck up until this last week. My car is back on the road now and the truck is parked and ready to go under the knife again. I'll keep updated when I dig in again.

Did u ever get into the compartment?!

no i have not unfortunately! my girlfriend bought me a new truck for my graduation present from college so i am now in the process of swapping out all the bits from my old truck to the new one. (old truck had lots of rust holes in the chassis and the frame was starting to need work as well, new truck is immaculate frame and chassis and a perfect rig to build into a permanent member of the family.

vg33e swap/intake/exhaust/accessories, etc. plus all the lift bits and stereo/bumpers etc.. once i have everything swapped over, i will start back up on the chassis mods. ill start a new thread for the build of swapping parts over.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...