Hard Shifting Power Light Flashing

amo1dun

89 Pathfinder 130k auto

Power light is flashing again on my rig everytime ....Shifts real hard! and seems late between 1st and 2nd on light

to medium throttle, will slam into 2nd around 2700rpm ...If Im wot it doesnt slam into 2nd but still jerks noticeably. .

Ran A/T diagnostics and get the "Throttle position sensor shorted or disconnected" code....

Checked the ecu and get 55....no codes found...Idk why it would throw a tps code on the ATU and not the ECU.?

Followed fsm procedure and checked tps at the connector on the throttle body and at the AT unit in the rear

speaker panel with meter and it's within range with no fluctuation or softspots I can see on the meter....In the last

couple months, only once the power light didnt flash a code on startup and the truck shifted like a top...anyone

have any insight where I should go from here?

I would hate to piss away the $ on a new tps before I check everything I can..

Sounds like a problem with the trans computer to me. I haven't heard of one going out but if the signal's there at the plug, and the computer thinks it's getting nothing, odds are there's something wrong with the computer. A bit of resoldering might clear it up (if the issue is a cracked solder connection on the plug or something), or you could swap one in from a junkyard.

Ok, the A/T module says it is the TSP, and when you check the TSP it is fine. Have you checked it both hot and cold? Assuming that checks out, it must be in the wiring. Start with the connector for the TSP and work back. I know sometimes my idle won't kick down all the way and if I wiggle the TSP connector, it drops down like it should. Some of the sensor connectors on these things are problematic.

You have the FSM and that has the wiring diagram for reference...

B

Checked the ecu and get 55....no codes found...Idk why it would throw a tps code on the ATU and not the ECU.?

The ECM and TCM on the WD21 are independeant of each other. Error codes in one will not show in the other.

Followed fsm procedure and checked tps at the connector on the throttle body and at the AT unit in the rear

speaker panel with meter and it's within range with no fluctuation or softspots I can see on the meter....In the last

couple months, only once the power light didnt flash a code on startup and the truck shifted like a top...anyone

have any insight where I should go from here?

I would hate to piss away the $ on a new tps before I check everything I can..

Try this. Unhook the TPS and go drive it around the block. See if it acts the same as it does with it plugged in. If it acts the same as when its plugged in then the sensor is the culprit.

The sensor may be completely fine and you have a short/bad wire to the sensor. This could help you figure it out.