skid plates for R50

bushnut

42 minutes ago, AlabamaDan said:

Thanks so much.  More to file away for future mods!

No problem.

I should make it clear that this deflection shouldn't be considered a defect by any means, and it's definitely not from a single event:

DDBB3D6D-1F24-4964-82F9-3E5E7E668E4F.jpg

Needless to say, I wheel my truck.  Damage is expected.  This took a beating and absolutely served its purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure it came on 01+ trucks, though I'm certain it fits.  Nissan calls it an Engine Cradle Stay (54465-0W000, $15). 

fleurys' front and mid skids on it (the original style with the access ports)

Que music, it’s R50 trivia time.

Honestly, hawairish, you are just full of Pathfinder tidbits

21 hours ago, hawairish said:

No problem.

I should make it clear that this deflection shouldn't be considered a defect by any means, and it's definitely not from a single event:

DDBB3D6D-1F24-4964-82F9-3E5E7E668E4F.jpg

Needless to say, I wheel my truck.  Damage is expected.  This took a beating and absolutely served its purpose.

What's the backside of that look like?  I assume the little door is to access the oil filter, how's it work?  Looks like it can take a lick.

1 hour ago, AlabamaDan said:

What's the backside of that look like?  I assume the little door is to access the oil filter, how's it work?  Looks like it can take a lick.

08DBB263-B119-4EEB-8FCA-350822C07DD5.jpg

681FE00F-936D-40D6-8DB2-82D16C466743.jpg

I suppose you'd be able to reach the filter, but the there's just not much space to do anything with it...as mentioned earlier, the plate has to come off otherwise the oil will just pour onto the backside of the plate.   The mid skid had a similar port, but I learned the hard way to not use it...its placement wasn't designed for the VQ.  It looked like it was close, but it was way off.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fleurys said:

wow !... This was some of my early ones.... This is great !  Looks like you wheeled your truck to places I used to go too !...  Great pics !

S.

Yep, an oldie but goodie. They held up as well as expected.  The mid skid, with its own share of scuffs and dings, is still alive and well on another truck.