sun roof drains

edicer2

Hey does anyone have pictures of how the sun roof drains go and how to best get to them with out wrecking the headliner? I keep having the issue of it leaking right at the top of the apillar and its done it for years and it just keeps getting worse. When i had the apillar panel off to install my gauges i saw a hose inside the frame but wasnt sure how to get to where the leak was actually happening.

wasnt sure if anyone has their truckgutted and can just snag some pics of how the lines are run. Thanks! BTW for a 92 pathfinder.

• Like 1

Are you sure that the leak is in the line its self, or could it be that the line is plugged and you are seeing where the overflow drips? I'd make sure the line is clear first...

B

I can try to test for clogs idk what ill do if it is clogged though. after its been raining hard it just pours out of the top of the a pillar down to the window switches.

You can try some compressed air or even fish through a length of cable to try to clear it if it is clogged; I know a lot of people have dealt with this. I don't have sun roofs for this reason, I generally consider them a liability. The only time I used the one in our R50 was to check a load that was strapped on the roof rack... :lol:

B

Maybe the hose clogged, someone tried to blow out the clog with a compressor, and the hose blew off the sunroof drain? The rubber dam for the sunroof is pretty big, so I have a tough time imagining that overflowing. Looks like the front headliner has to come out to get to the hose, unfortunately.

I like my sunroof because it lets the hot air vent out when I park in the sun. It's also a great place to put a turret for zombie warfare. :hide: