lights not working?

sroeser01

hello all i tried using the search function with no luck so ill try here. My map lights, dome light and rear cargo light all will not turn on. they all stopped working at the same time. all bulbs are brand new leds about a month old. I couldnt find any fuses related to this so i dont think its that but i really dont know what could be causing this. any thoughts or ideas would be a great help thanks in advanced!

I blew my fuse installing LED's in the dome light and It caused my map lights to stop working also, changed the fuse and it was all good afterwards. If it's 100% not the fuse, maybe the LED's draw to much power for your battery/alternator/etc. to handle and can't power up. Check out load resistors and that kind of stuff to help the power distribution.

I forgot about that fuse box under the coin tray. Damn. Went out and checked it. Fuse blown. I think it was original from 17 years ago. Replaced and all working again perfect. Thanks guys!

I blew my fuse installing LED's in the dome light and It caused my map lights to stop working also, changed the fuse and it was all good afterwards. If it's 100% not the fuse, maybe the LED's draw to much power for your battery/alternator/etc. to handle and can't power up. Check out load resistors and that kind of stuff to help the power distribution.

LEDs draw next to no current. You may have blown a fuse if you installed the LED bulb backwards since they are polarized.

LEDs draw next to no current. You may have blown a fuse if you installed the LED bulb backwards since they are polarized.

Very true, I was going to toss my led's as I thought they didn't work, then I switched them around & yea there was light!

Been there done that. Usually happens after working all day and its 100F outside.

"Why arent the lights coming on???"

<insert small tantrum>

"OH......maybe..."

<reverses bulbs and gets illumination>

"Ahh there we go"

Very true, I was going to toss my led's as I thought they didn't work, then I switched them around & yea there was light!

I'm not sure how putting one in backward would fry anything. They're diodes, so if they're not lighting up, they're not passing much if any current. More likely you brushed a + wire against a body ground while wiring them up, with the door open (dome light on), and killed the fuse that way.

I've had no problems with my LED dome light, except for the "Jesus H. tap-dancing Christ that's bright" reaction at night.