Do or Die Time

Kittamaru

Why can't the other PA people be near me... Forever alone

We don't associate with THAT side of the state. The gene pool needs a little chlorine out there.

Pop the wheel off and bang on the caliper or drum to break everything loose. If the passenger tire spins the drive train is fine.

If the weather holds, I'll give that a try today :D

Heh, unfortunately didn't get a chance to try this today - threat of storms most of the early afternoon, and then errands in the evening. It may have to wait till the weekend.

On a semi-related note - the jack we use to lift the truck has wheels on it... the garage it's in has less than 18 inches space on either side of the vehicle - would it be safe to pull/push the truck out with that wheel lifted on the jack so we can move her?

is it just a single wheel that won't turn? You might be able to 'rent' a wheel dollie from a parts store or garage. Of course, you can get a pair from harbor freight for 50 bucks or so.

or improvise.... do yu have an old lawn mower laying around? Anything relatively sturdy that has wheels should work, especially if it's a rear wheel where there isn't as much weight. ;)

I've shoved things around 'just' enough on jacks before (sais the guy with tow truck access, I know). Like K9 said though, you could probably get a cheap pair from HF and then you own them :aok:

We don't associate with THAT side of the state. The gene pool needs a little chlorine out there.

Sais the one closer to New Jersey... Wait WV can bleed over to me... Dam :lol:

(No offense meant to those from either state)

• Like 1

Heh, unfortunately didn't get a chance to try this today - threat of storms most of the early afternoon, and then errands in the evening. It may have to wait till the weekend.

On a semi-related note - the jack we use to lift the truck has wheels on it... the garage it's in has less than 18 inches space on either side of the vehicle - would it be safe to pull/push the truck out with that wheel lifted on the jack so we can move her?

If it is a full sized floor jack it will work just fine, I've done it many times myself. If it is one of the small floor jacks, it might be tricky with the tiny wheels/wheel base. It is worth a try regardless because you only have to lift that one wheel 1/2" off the ground using either the axle on one side or under the lower control arm (if it is the front) and it won't really hurt anything if it hops off. Just don't have anyone in the garage with the vehicle (unless they are inside it) when you are doing this!

Another trick I've seen riggers use when there were clearance issues and a smooth floor was to put the machine on heavy cardboard, spray WD-40 underneath and along the path, then push! If you have rough concrete, try using 2 pieces of cardboardand spraying the WD-40 inbetween them. Try to find smooth cardboard (colored/gogos/info) and it should work fine.

The other thing that would be handy is a come-a-long to drag it out with nice and slow, controled and without effort.

B