Tire/Wheel size.

dirtx

Hey, I have a 94' SE with 31x10.5x15 tires and stock 7" wheels. Iwoul like to put smaller tires like 235/75x15 on the 7" wheels.

I know that size tire has a 6" wheel. has anyone done this? Thanks

One thing to consider is your speedo will be way off unless you correct it. The po of my Pathfinder put a 235 tire on. The speedo was about 10mph off at fwy speeds. By the time I got the right size tires, I figured I had about 25k more miles on the odo than It should be.

One thing to consider is your speedo will be way off unless you correct it. The po of my Pathfinder put a 235 tire on. The speedo was about 10mph off at fwy speeds. By the time I got the right size tires, I figured I had about 25k more miles on the odo than It should be.

to change the speedo gearing, Is it in the cluster or on the trans? Thanks

to change the speedo gearing, Is it in the cluster or on the trans? Thanks

never mind I just found the info in a search. shoud of done that first!

Hey, I have a 94' SE with 31x10.5x15 tires and stock 7" wheels. Iwoul like to put smaller tires like 235/75x15 on the 7" wheels.

I know that size tire has a 6" wheel. has anyone done this? Thanks

Actually, yes, I believe I have heard of it once before. Very few people put on smaller tires... ;)

The stock 'chromie' wheels are available and what Pathfinders running 235/75/15s came with. Their width is 6" and they should be pretty easy to locate.

This is what they look like

1995%20Pathfinder%20Photo.jpg

B

Mines got 235s on the stock legos and i personaly want to go to 31-10.50-15s or maybe 32s i don't like the 235s on or off road but to each there own

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty, if your flares rub with 31" tires, especially on the stock rims, the issue is probably that your T-bars have sagged and need to be adjusted/re-indexed not trimming the flares.

That said, some people like to remove the flares, but I prefer them on... :shrug:

B

I don't think that they will rub the flares especially after re-indexing the t-bars but i do think that it will look better without them bigger tires is just an excuse to remove em

In all honesty, if your flares rub with 31" tires, especially on the stock rims, the issue is probably that your T-bars have sagged and need to be adjusted/re-indexed not trimming the flares.

That said, some people like to remove the flares, but I prefer them on... :shrug:

B

I know mine sagged. Everytime I went wheelin' and got flexy, I would gain almost an inch of ride height. I trimmed about 1/6 inch of plastic off the flares at the edges, where they were closest to the tires.