Recovery, Russian Style. Damn!

Precise1

Yeah, no sheit, but then I don't think he had a choice at that point. I'm willing to bet he is the new guy/supervisor and they sent him out there on purpose, knowing damn well what was going to happen.

I've actually been stuck like that before and barely got out on my hands and knees with only one shoe...

guy with camera : i think bill is stuck in the mud

digger driver: My time has come

:lol:

Apparently the digger driver has nothing against Bill...

B

It is almost like quick sand, very soupy and clingy, but not nearly firm enough to support a persons weight so you would partially sink just standing there. There is nothing solid to push against so you can't lift yourself out and digging doesn't work as it flows back into place. The more you move and shift your weight, the more you settle in. You won't drown, but you aren't going anywhere either. Funny enough, the best action is to lay down, try to pull your legs clear and roll or crawl away, spreading your mass over as much surface area as possible.

B

No lies. I was wearing a new pair of shoes in this pic. Had to dig around in that slop to find one of them when I pulled my foot out. I still have those shoes. They are popularly known amongst my friends as my "wheeling" shoes. I keep them in the back of Vajay.

This pic was taken at a mud hole just miles from my home. That's my best friend and his '78 Landcruiser that was taken the same location and day as my sig pic. We are both retired from the muddin'. :lol:

405495269.jpg

• Like 1

I was at a quarry once walking through thick mud and yes you can easily get stuck it has a suction effect I was wearing converse hightop tennis shoes and went home with only one shoe the other shoe is probly in china by now.

This kind of mud is very funny to watch people get stuck in but very dangerous. Especially when found floundering in a place like Turnagain arm near Anchorage AK, with the tide coming in at lightning speed. There are records of people getting stuck and drowning because they could not get free before the tide rolled in.

Lucky "Bill" is not in a place like that. Still, you can see how quickly he was sinking and how difficult it was for him to climb and /or actually get pulled out.

On a different note, the mud around here smells like shiznit and is sticky as heck thanks to the underlay of shifty clay.