rock sliders on a r50

DsR50

You can get a set from Rocky Road outfitters, Or like I and a few others pick up a set of toyota Trail Gear sliders From Steevo and mount them. They all mount via the frame rail under the car. I think the RRO ones also mount to the pinch seam with a few bolts. To mount eh TG ones I just dinged my pinch seam in 3 spots and welded the kit together. There may be others out there but those are the only two I know of personally

I had a local guy fab some up for me. I didnt plan on ever taking mine off, so I had him weld them straight to the unibody. I've lifted the vehicle by them several times, very sturdy, and have saved me quite a bit of trouble. Sprayed em with a coat of undercoating to leave a nice durable surface.

Here are a couple pics for reference.

2011-04-14_12-30-35_528.jpg

2011-04-14_12-34-58_693.jpg

2011-04-14_13-16-25_706.jpg

2011-04-14_13-47-36_870.jpg

2011-04-14_13-47-41_277.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice Iceman.

Love the sliders, I see no reason to make them removable either.

Thanks for the pic's also, I have been looking for some that show what the fenders look like with the flares removed.

Those pictures are before getting my new tires/wheels. My tires poke out a good 2 inches now on each side, and make sure that the sides of my pathfinder get extra dirty whenever I find a puddle or mud. I'm not worried about scratches, but if you were, and plan on getting a wider stance from different offset tires/wheels, then you may wish to keep them on.

Those pictures are before getting my new tires/wheels. My tires poke out a good 2 inches now on each side, and make sure that the sides of my pathfinder get extra dirty whenever I find a puddle or mud. I'm not worried about scratches, but if you were, and plan on getting a wider stance from different offset tires/wheels, then you may wish to keep them on.

Thanks for the tip!

Ever since we removed the front bumper/facia to do the timing belt and radiator we have held no illusions that any of that plastic would survive long term. We are both surprised some of it has not fallen off already.