Nissan Club? Production #'s.....need some help

zack1978

Hi everyone,

I have always been a Nissan fan, and in 1995 I purchased two brand new Nissan trucks, a SE-V6 5Spd Pathfinder (WD21), and a SE-V6 King Cab pick up 5spd 4x4 (D21). Well the Pathfinder was always my daily driver, and in 2011 after many years of truly faithful service, the Pathfinder was traded in. In the time that I have owned the trucks, the pick-up always remained in the garage and was never driven in rain/snow/bad weather, etc. At this point after 18 years the pick-up only has 9,200 miles on it.

I want to register it as a classic vehicle, since it is pristine and rare. In order to register it as a classic, I need a letter from either Nissan or a Nissan club indicating that it was in fact a low production vehicle. The letter can be short, however it needs to be on official letterhead of the company or a club. I called Nissan, and they were of NO assistance at all, in fact they were downright rude! They seemed annoyed that I was even wasting their time with a 1995 vehicle.

With the above in mind, does anyone know of any Nissan clubs that could write me a letter?

Thanks,

Zack

Unfortunately, I'd say the only thing rare about your D21 is the mileage, not that it was a low production vehicle. It is the model I would like to own, so let me know if you will sell it, but they were made for a long time and sold all over the world. :shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Hardbody_Truck

May I ask what state you are in?

B

So in general, I don't think there is anything special about the 95 hardbody. I was working at a Nissan dealer in Phoenix in 95(while going to school too), and they sold a butt-load of them. I don't remember any special trim or option packages that would make it rare. If you had a earlier production Desert Runner with low miles, then you would be on to something.

Yes it is true that the hardbody pick up itself was not low production, but the SE-V6 4x4 King Cab 5spd was a low production option package. When I purchased the truck, it took the dealer well over a month to find my truck, they actually gave up hope and wanted me to take a XE-V6, but I refused and asked them to keep looking.

Do you think that there is any club that can write something? Also is there any accessible production number database for the Hardbody's ?

Thanks,

Zack

• 4 weeks later...

Where are you from Zack. You sound like you're from the North East where damn near every WD21 Pathfinder and D21 Hardbody are dead due to rust. I'll say this. You're going to have a hard time finding a legitimate Nissan Club to wright that letter. Not sure what type of checking the DMV does as far as checking out these clubs but I'd have to assume it's no easy task.

My question to you is why? What's the point of all this? To avoid emissions? To get a cool plate? Something to do with insurance? Here is the truth. Even if that was super rare people would have to find the value in it to even bother with this. I could be wrong but I don't think a small group of hard body owners qualifies as a club according to the DMV. They may be talking about nationally recognized clubs and most likely have a list. Other wise what would be stopping you from creating your own club and typing up your own letter? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I really think you need to look into this more.

There are some extremely rare cars out there that no one really gives a crap about. Think about it. What do you think a rare low mileage first car off the line Ford Fiesta in pristine condition would fetch if it was up for sale? Value is dictated not by the owner but by the people willing to buy it. Something doesn't become a collectors item because it's rare and in great shape. It's becomes a collector item when people are actually collecting them. Outside of KoveMan (lol) who's collecting WD21 or D21 Nissans? And better yet. Who's collecting them to keep them in show room condition?

Again I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to be straight up with you.