Need a picture/inspection of your WD21's rear brake line

OldSlowReliable

Diagnosing a rupture in my rear brake system from 180 miles away, the fluid is leaking from the area directly above the rubber loops that captive the e-brake lines on a 4 door wd21.

Wondering if someone can take a look under, and possibly photograph to give me an idea of where the junctions/transitions from hard line to flex hose lie under there.

Thanks,

Travis

The hard line you're looking at is the lowest one on the passenger's side frame rail. It passes the e-brake hoop, goes over the crossmember, angles back, and then transitions to flex line at a bracket on the crossmember. The flex line runs over the axle and hooks to a fitting on the back.

In this pic, you can see the hard line on the frame rail, and then part of it coming back over the crossmember. The line in front of it with the barrel looking deal is the ABS harness (goes to the plug you can just see on the far left).

P1010001-23_zps92531ba4.jpg

And here's a better view of the bracket on the crossmember, where the hard line meets the flex.

P1010004-22_zps4926897a.jpg

The line runs forwards along the rail and then mounts to the ABS valve, so it's not terribly long, but it does have some weird bends in it.

The only thing I can see behind that bracket is a plastic bit that holds the line to the frame rail. I can't tell if there's any kind of fitting under it but I suspect there isn't (the FSM doesn't show anything). Several inches back is a metal holder, so maybe the plastic one does serve some special function. :scratchhead: Or maybe it was just a good place for rust to form. Or maybe it rusted at the metal one, and the fluid's running down.

Hope that helps!

New brake line made by a local parts shop is in, but the fuel lines cracked open in the process. Gonna price this out, but I'm getting pressure from shewhomustbeobeyed to scrap the job and cut my losses. Anyone got fuel lines laying around?