VG33E Intake Manifold/Throttle Body Swap (to VG33E swapped '93 WD21)

Nefarious

Hey just wondering if anyone has done this before? I have seen mention of it in some posts here and there but never seen any info on anyone that's done it. I have a 93 WD21 with a VG33E swap. Running the full R50 pathfinder engine/accessories but I am using the VG30E upper intake manifold/tb. My truck is far from stock and I have full headers/2.5" exhaust, soon to be N60 90mm maf and will be going with a custom 2.5-3" snorkel with new pipe all the way to the throttle body. The tiny stock tb/intake manifold inlet hole will be a restriction for sure. I have a couple R50 VG33E intake manifolds and I am trying to adapt it to work with the WD21 chassis.

I have everything figured out EXCEPT what to do with the Idle Air Regulator. The IACV-AAC from the vg30e manifold can be swapped to the vg33e manifold but I can't figure out where to put the air regulator. Everything else will swap over with a few hoses moved around and some plugs in the manifold and creativity but I am stumped on what to do with the air regulator... I am assuming it's not something that I can delete and have the truck run the same... As a last resort it looks like I could machine down a spot for it to fit if I drill out a hole in the manifold and tap some holes for the mounting bolts...would probably have to have the flange surface machined professionally though to seal properly....can only be so accurate with a grinder and files lol.

I also heard about fitting a KA24E throttle body to the vg30e manifold but could only find info for a z31 manifold...not the pathy mani.. I would go that route if its that much easier and I can get an even larger tb out of the deal. Anyone done anything like this ?