88 Pathy 3 link front. 63" chevy rear

Went by the local offroad shop to measure some disco's. Ended up buying a set of rough country 2.5" lift for a tj. I think its going to work out just right. It is tight, but everything clears. I took it for a little drive after i got everything mounted and it is definitley stiffer. I have more pics but my computer is acting up. Here are a few that i got uploaded.

20140101_1414051800x450550x309.jpg

20140101_1413471800x450550x309.jpg

20140101_1255331800x450550x309.jpg

20140101_125515800x450550x309.jpg

Glad to see that you finally have it running and driving under it's own power. Looking forward to see the finished product. You are still an inspiration for what I want to do to one of my Pathy's.

James

• 1 month later...

Little update. Haven't had much time to work on the ole girl. I did do a tune up, rebuild the throttle body, install a new radiator, and pcv valve. That pcv valve is a fun little bugger. It is not bad getting it out, but is a pain to put back in unless you have small hands. I am trying to work out a little miss that it seems to have at idle and occasionally when you hammer it off idle. I am taking it to my buddies tire shop Friday and get some numbers pulled on the alignment. I am going to have to install some camber shims. I drove it around a little the other day and noticed the inside tread of the tires were fresh.

pcv1.jpg

pcv2.jpg

radiator.jpg

This may be a silly question but, how come every one puts the third link to the top of the diff instead of on the passenger side to a tower. There is way more room on that side of the frame and you can run the panhard to the top of the diff which would also in my opinion make it easier to keep it level. The only issue I see is the panhard hitting the diiferential when the drivers side travels up.

Im not an expert on link suspension but i can just say that i followed suit from all the other sas nissan guys. On the vg30i the starter is kinda in the way on the passenger side. You also have all your fuel lines and misc. lines running on the inside of the passenger frame rail, which might interfere with you upper link mount bracket. It really just depends on where you can efficiently fit everything. Im sure some other guys will chime in and add better info on your question.

Yeah, I can see what your talking about with the starter that would be bad. I am in the process of my SAS right now and was intending on putting third link on the pass. side. I have the frame bare and the axle set, just wanted to know before I committed to all the welds. I can put the link wherever, just wanted to make sure there wasn't some rhyme or reason to the driver side. Also, where did you get your driveshaft?

Edited by Mauitrailguy

There is alot of information over on pirate about the effects on the upper being on the driver side vs passenger. But the general consensus is to put it where it fits the best. My driveshaft is from an xj. I shortened it up and made an adapter plate to attach to the spicer flange. I copied nissanuts work. I noticed that rugged rocks offers a replacement flange that will adapt straight to a 1310 or 1350 cv shaft.

https://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissan-pathfinder-tx10-front-cv-flange-yoke-by-rugged-rocks-1987-1995-p-58744.html

Super helpful thanks. I am gonna start my build thread tonight. I just came inside from building the coil buckets to check on this and grab some lunch. I'll go hop around pirate 4x4 tonight seeing as though USPS has a bad concept of 2 day priority for all my link mounts and heims, stuck in build purgatory :headwall: .

Took the pathy to my buddies tire shop and got some numbers pulled on the alignment. He said everything looked fine and was in spec. Whats your guys thoughts? Also went by the local jy and pulled a factory roof rack off of a 92 pathy. Got it cleaned up and installed. Had to shorten it side to side about 1.25" and length wise about an 1/8th. Drilled 2 holes on each side and used some moly anchor inserts for the 2 inside mounting holes. Turned out pretty good. It will be much easier to build a rack off this one than the factory 88 rack.

align.jpg

roof4.jpg

roof3.jpg

roof5.jpg

roof2.jpg

I want to do this with my 89..i have the axles but that's it... Igots no skill with custom fabrication so I'm pretty much stuck

Sent from my Q7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man. I have quite a few more plans for her. Im working on a roof rack now. The springs are from Bronco Graveyard. They are Dever Superflex 5 1/2 lift for a 66-77 Bronco ID # 13208. Linear rate with spring rate of 190 lbs. per inch. They feel great so far. I dont really have enough seat time with them to give a full review. On the road they feel good and sturdy, and flex very well from what i have done around the house. Haven't been on any trails yet. The shocks are Bilstein 33-185569. 29.7 extended and 17.9 collapsed. 12" stroke.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you don't take me for a stalker - I posted in you pirate thread too.

After conceding that NOAS is pretty much dead, I figured I'd join here and check it out.

Still digging your pathfinder!

Got the rack pretty close to done. Got the light tabs welded on and sprayed with bed liner. Got to put another coat on it. Gonna put a 24" light bar on the front and a 7" on each back corner.

R13.jpg