extended lug studs

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/34586-extended-wheel-studs/?fromsearch=1

Op in this thread apparently found longer studs but didn't share a part number/location (of course I'm assuming he disney quite care for the response to why he was searching for them, thoug the didn't honestly get help either. But in defense of NPORA it ain't something that's common enough for everyone to know). Might want to send him a pm and if you get an answer feel free to share in this thread to help others who may look in the future.

• Like 1

Dorman manufactures a bunch of different wheel studs, go on their site and find the specs for your stock studs, then find the same spec but longer. I put longer studs in mine because I didn't fell that 7/16" thread engagement was adequate, I also changed from 1.25mm pitch to 1.5 which provides for a little deeper thread. I don't remember the part number, but Dorman has a pretty good site, you'll be able to figure it out.

so turns out im a noob never had a wheel that needed a mag lug nut before so false alarm but i fell like we should post some more info on it for the future. And i bought some new wheels the steels look awesome but i found a old school rim that fits looks good and weighs 8 pounds oh and i bought it on the craigslist for 30 bucks for all four good day lol

I put longer studs in mine because I didn't fell that 7/16" thread engagement was adequate, I also changed from 1.25mm pitch to 1.5 which provides for a little deeper thread.

Interestingly, a 1.25mm thread may well have been stronger option than a 1.5mm. What got me thinking about this is the amount of land cruiser owners who break wheel studs.

An extended 1.5mm must be sufficient though, or they wouldnt sell 'em, right?

http://www.boltscience.com/

I need longer studs for mine as well, I have Enkeis and I'm not thrilled about the lack of thread on the lug nuts even though it's probably fine. NAPA couldn't find me anything, and Dorman lists only 12x1.5 threads. I would much rather have 12x1.25 as it's stronger and I bought all new lug nuts already.

The difference in cross section between a 12x1.25 and a 12x1.5 is only 5%, can't say that this really concerns me much, especially when the 1.5's tensile strength is up around 151,000 psi, x 6 studs.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for the record even though it turned out that i didnt need extended studs here is the link to what pathy97 sent me

http://www.titanwheelaccessories.com/ $135.00 delivered

however i dont recomend pm'ing him if you dont respond in a timely manner you'll get cussed out and then blocked by him lol

however i dont recomend pm'ing him if you dont respond in a timely manner you'll get cussed out and then blocked by him lol

Thanks for sharing.

Folks spend time helping others, and some would like to know if that time was wasted or not.

Just for the record even though it turned out that i didnt need extended studs here is the link to what pathy97 sent me

http://www.titanwheelaccessories.com/ $135.00 delivered

I didn't see extended studs, wheel spacers with integrated studs yes (that may be longer?) but not strait longer studs... then again I'm a bit slow and my screen is disgustingly dirty :lol:

Thanks for posting the info so as to possibly help someone else down the road as well, it don't help anybody if you keep helpful info secrets :aok:

Thanks for sharing.

Folks spend time helping others, and some would like to know if that time was wasted or not.

i completly agree i was going to apologize to the guy for not responding but he blocked me lol i know what it feels like to feel unapreciated and feel as though your time is wasted