Getting ready to lift, need some help/advice

grassnroots22

Hey guys, I just bought my Pathfinder (1999 LE) and I want to lift her up. I've been doing a lot of research on the best way to go about this, and of course I ended up at Krypton Fabrications. I want to do a 6" lift and I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out exactly what I need to achieve that, especially for the rear. Hopefully you guys can help me out. So here are my questions:

1. As far as I understand, to lift the front 6" I need the basic kit, plus the extended front brake line and then some 2" inch lift coils (have I left anything out?). What 2" lift coil would you guys recommend exactly?

2. To lift the rear 6" I again need the basic kit, the extended rear brake line, rear panhard drop bracket, the WJ rear adapters, the 1" spacer, and some WJ rear lift coils. Which coils should I use? I've heard of people using 4" 5.5" and 6.5" and therefore have no idea on which one is just right for a 6" lift.

3. Lastly, do you guys have any recommendations as far as additional modifications to better support the lift? I want to make sure I do everything right and to the best I can/is available.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Like 1

The only 2" lift springs available are the AC springs. (4x4parts.com/nissan).

To lift the rear. I believe you only need the WJ adapters that also provide 1" lift with 4" springs. I'd call to be sure. Just that the spring rate is different for the WJ. So 4" gives us closer to 5.5 or so. At leas from what the FAQ says on there site.

Oh, and while your in there. If you havent replaced your struts recently and they have age on them. Change them out. RockAuto.com for those.

Rear shocks, according the the FAQ for the subframe drop, is to use 2002 F350 rear shocks.

Edited by Rebelord

Thanks for the quick reply. Ya I haven't replaced the struts recently and would have completely overlooked that. As for the shocks, do I get the standard rear ones (Bilstein Heavy Duty) or the Bilstein 5160 Series Offroad Shocks (for lifted F350s). This is where I'm looking at them. The two options I just listed are the first and last results respectively. Thanks again man.

• 2 weeks later...