Need new tires 31x10.50x15 recommendations

Stifun

would 30X9.5R15LT be a good size for my OEM rims? Cant really afford changing rims as much as I'd like to.....

Yes, a buddy of mine runs them and likes them.

Called the tire shop back and it still red flags it whisky tango foxtrot over??? I guess I'll have to go with OEM sizes....... *facepalm

Where are you located? I have some rims sitting around that I'm not doing anything with that are 15x7" alloys IIRC.

B

003_zps5bf22d52.jpg

002_zpsfcdccfdd.jpg

001-1_zps57b3ab97.jpg

So this one has the clear coat scotchbrited off and is almost ready for polish, paint or clear coat, the tape measure adds 3" so it is 7" wide (make sure that is good enough for 31x10.5" tires, should be though) and the mounting surfaces obviously need cleaning up. Just some old rims that need some love, set of 5.

B

• 2 months later...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Series-5001-16x8-with-6-on-5-5-Bolt-Pattern-Satin-Black.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=210&t_pt=100073&t_pn=PXA5001-6883

Looking at these rims - what size tires should I get that wont rub and that look beefier? 285/75/16?

Might want to start a different thread on what 16 to run on your WD21, since this thread is called need new 31x10.50x15. Not sure how many members run 16's on a WD21 but you should get some suggestions.

Oh, and a 285/75/16 is like a 33, so unless you have a lift its probably a bit too big unless you are gonna trim.

Edited by Trogdor636
  • Like 1

Might want to start a different thread on what 16 to run on your WD21, since this thread is called need new 31x10.50x15. Not sure how many members run 16's on a WD21 but you should get some suggestions. Oh, and a 285/75/16 is like a 33, so unless you have a lift its probably a bit too big unless you are gonna trim.

Probably gonna trim a lot, especially if the T Bars have sagged....

Yea 285's are too big.... I guess 265's will work. This thread is about a lot more than just one tire / wheel size... I'm going to get new torsion bars and new shocks for more comfort... I just want the tire tread to be as wide as the 16x8 wheel... and not rub.

Yea 285's are too big.... I guess 265's  will work. This thread is about a lot more than just one tire / wheel size

Not many of the WD21 crowd run 16's though, that's why a separate thread may get more looks.

http://www.crawlpedia.com/tire_size_converter.htm check out this website, it does the calculations for you. If your truck came stock with 31" tires then the 265/75/16s should be a close fit that just barely has enough clearance. According to the conversion site, it's 32" x 10.4. I'm currently running 31 / 10.50s and 32" is as much as I would increase for several reasons: Clearance without a lift (I think) tire weight and overall gearing. The larger the tire, the lower your torque because your overall gear ratio is increased so that puts a damper on acceleration and power overall. I know this may sound a bit funny but now that I finally have my 31s (up from 235/75/15s) I'm starting to think I should have just gone to 30" x 9.5 on a good set of M/Ts combined with a simple 2" lift (i know, it's goofy as hell) that truck would be one hell of a functional vehicle. Traction, clearance, lighter weight tire, slightly more torque than average. Come on, who's with me?!? (crickets...)...hello..???

Oh please God don't let my madness infect you too! Don't listen to me just for my sake, I'm the guy that steers everyone away from extreme modifications. I don't want the entire board jumping down my throat! 30" tires are small and don't look as cool as bigger tires, and if you lift it it's just going to look silly.

i'm looking at getting 16" rims on my WD21 just worried about backspacing. Wanting to run some 265/75R16 tires from Treadwright. More options for 16" rim than 15" over there. I have a set of Treadwright tires on my "83 F150 (forget which style but they are an AT) and have been impressed with the quality.

I'll get wheels with a 0 offset or lower that way they stick out from the fenders more.

http://www.crawlpedia.com/tire_size_converter.htm check out this website, it does the calculations for you. If your truck came stock with 31" tires then the 265/75/16s should be a close fit that just barely has enough clearance. According to the conversion site, it's 32" x 10.4. I'm currently running 31 / 10.50s and 32" is as much as I would increase for several reasons: Clearance without a lift (I think) tire weight and overall gearing. The larger the tire, the lower your torque because your overall gear ratio is increased so that puts a damper on acceleration and power overall. I know this may sound a bit funny but now that I finally have my 31s (up from 235/75/15s) I'm starting to think I should have just gone to 30" x 9.5 on a good set of M/Ts combined with a simple 2" lift (i know, it's goofy as hell) that truck would be one hell of a functional vehicle. Traction, clearance, lighter weight tire, slightly more torque than average. Come on, who's with me?!? (crickets...)...hello..???

Yea I have seen that before it just doesn't help me decide on what size tire that I can run on a wheel that's only 1" bigger in diameter and 2" wider than what I have now without it scrubbing (no lift) 235/75/16 = 29x9.5x15

Oh please God don't let my madness infect you too! Don't listen to me just for my sake, I'm the guy that steers everyone away from extreme modifications. I don't want the entire board jumping down my throat! 30" tires are small and don't look as cool as bigger tires, and if you lift it it's just going to look silly.

haha I dont plan on lifting it - no need to really I don't off road if at all...

would 265/75/16 fit and still look good and fit? or 265/70/16 which is 31x10.5x16.....

The 265/75/16 using a BFG tire to get the specs is 1.2 inches bigger in diameter than a 31/10.50, the section widths are the same as is the tread widths, I don't think you would have a problem running the 265/75/16 as long as the wheel is close to what the OEM offset is and close or the same width as OEM