Need new tires 31x10.50x15 recommendations

Stifun

I'm happy with my adventuro M/T's, I beat em on rocks and branches. Still lookin good minus some chunking from the rocks. I thought they would be wearing quicker because of the cheap price but they still look new after 7k miles. $505 mounted and balanced.

Those tires right there are 31-10.5r15's wild cat a/t2's. You probably will need to but when I did mine, I had it like that for 3 months before I got my new tires. You will most likely need to have the realigned.

Just called america's tire and they said they wont mount them on my truck b/c they are too big...... the BFG KM2's in 31x10.5x15's?????? do I need a lift to get these mounted or are my wheels to narrow or something? :(

A lot of places now wont mount up a non-stock tire size by their system. So, if their system says 265/70R15. Even though a 31x10.5x15 is practically the same. They will say no.

Might have to resort to putting it up on jack stands. Taking all 4 off and bringing them there by themselves to get them to mount em. Or find a smaller Mom n Pop store. They usually don't care.

Most places will mount a different size tire, they make you sign a waiver. When it comes to rim width, the bigger companies will not mount a tire if it needs a certain width rim.<br />

Edited by Trogdor636

Should I get new torsion bars like these: http://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=3&t=2&p=626&n= or reindex? I'm looking for better ride quality........ and to make more room in the front for bigger tires!

4-5 cranks will typicaly get you where you wanna be. If it sags back down then get new torsion bars or re index. You want at least 1/2-3/4 inches between the upper bump stops though.

Just saw this, umm dunno bout the width. Bought the car used, raised it, put on some bigger tires, all I can say is that they are 15in rims. I have no information on them at all.

Edited by Bubbley11

It should be fine, I think those have the right amount of back spacing. The tires will just pop out a bit more, but I would be careful of the seating and maybe the side walls.

So do you guys think that fitting those 31's on the OEM Chrome rims wont' be an issue? 15x6 seem realllly narrow..

If you read a few posts up you'll see my answer. Where I live, the bigger tire shops (and a few of the smaller mom n pop type) will not mount a tire on a rim smaller than the tire recommends. Most (if not all) 31x10.50x15 require a 7 inch wide wheel. They are liable if they mount that tire on your 6 inch wide wheel and then you have a blowout, so they simply won't do it. I'm sure I could find somebody to do it, but I would get a slightly smaller tire, or a wider rim.

Finished up the brakes on my Pathfinder.

Sorry but weather has been bad so no pictures yet as soon as it clears I will wash and post some.