Need new tires 31x10.50x15 recommendations

Stifun

Falken Wild Peaks are identical to my Falken Rocky Mountains. They were renamed for Discount/Americas Tire and for some reason they sell both, even stranger the Wild Peak normally costs more than the Rocky Mountain. I've been extremely happy with them, been on sharp rocks, some mud, plenty of dirt. Quiet on the pavement. My only complaint is they pick up some pretty decent sized rocks and when you get back on pavement, they start flinging out everywhere at speed.

Durp Thanks for your review how many Miles do you have on yours.

I am heading to Discount Tire to see what kind of deal they can offer me.

Trying to stay under $500.00 wish me luck.

Edited by Stifun

Trogdor I don't get any joy out of this, (seriously, it is not my goal in life to slam other people's stuff and generally be a Hater on a daily basis, I'm not that guy) and every time I see a guy on the street that I can chat with about his tires, and he happens to have THAT particular tire, the Falken Rocky Mountain I always make it a point to tell them / ask them "WHY!?" Falken should have their butts sued hard for putting out a premium A/T where the outside (mud and soft terrain) biting lugs are going bald once the tire reaches HALF of its life. Its not right and if I don't say anything to warn others I wouldn't feel right with myself. I've already seen it several times, the outside edges of the tire are just two bald strips of rubber (I guess in the design stage some engineer thought it would be beneficial to add an extra 1/4" of un-cut rubber on the tire I guess to re-inforce the blocky tread to keep from squirming?) while the interior middle of the tire has plenty of tread. I don't have any other problems with the company than this subject. I've got a set of Falken Ziex tires on my wife's Altima, those are perfectly good tires and been happy with them.

I know I'm the only one here shouting from the rooftops on how pleased I am with my A/T 3's and I'm sure y'all are probably sick of hearing it but I stand behind them, they are that good. Ofcourse I can only tell you about my experience in some wet mud and riding on the road: In the mud so far so good, I'm still pushing the envelope, and I'm always alone so mudding for me is always a little scary but so far my Coops have pulled me through; On the road they are great, ride good and quiet, there's no hum (yet anyway, only got like maybe 200 miles). If I were to change them, it would probably be for STT's.

When I ended up getting these, I was also looking at the General Tire A/T 2 and the Toyo Open Country A/T 2. The General's are an old design like the BFGs; I really liked the look of the new Open Country's a lot but they were a little more pricey. Stifun check out this link here: for A/T tires http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showcat.php?cat=4 and this one for mud terrains http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showcat.php?cat=3

I use goodyear duratracs personally.... they are the best tire I have ever had... Best in snow, ice, mud and dirt/rocks than any other A/T tire. Rides like an a/t, gas mileage of an a/t, weight of an a/t. But it looks like a mud tire...wheels like a mud tire. Clears like a mud tire. Never hydroplanes, stops HARD in the snow/ice (snowflake symbol). If you want a daily driver tire that gets great mileage , great wear life, VERY LITTLE road noise at all, but wheels like an aggressive offroad tire and is equally good in the snow AND hardpack ice...this is the one. I absolutely love mine in 33x12.5. They make a 31x10.5 version as well.. look into it.

trans.giftrans.gifwrangler_duratrac_1.jpg

Maxxis bighorns are a perdy good tire. I've got 31x10.50 on my pathy and they handle good and aren't too loud. Clears mud out good and handles good in rain and snow. Got right at 25-30k on them and still got round 30% tread.

Well happy to report I got a Smoking Deal at Discount Tire.

Getting 4X Falken Wild Peaks 31x10.50x15 for $550 installed and also getting an $80.00 Rebate.

So total drive out Price after rebate is $470.00 I am so happy getting them installed tomorrow at 10am.

• Like 1

I find my duratracs quite loud but I probably have more miles on mine. They wear a lot faster due to the softer compound.

yeah i only have about 25k on my duratracs now but they are still nearly new, very little wear on them so far. drive them year round.... they have been lasting me really well but I do have a really good alignment.

I know I'm the only one here shouting from the rooftops on how pleased I am with my A/T 3's and I'm sure y'all are probably sick of hearing it but I stand behind them, they are that good.

Don't get me wrong, I love my set of AT3s. They just don't look as aggressive as the BFGs, that's all. For the price I might even snag a set of 32s/33s for my replacements now with the lift installed. When I was told about the AT3s, I spent almost an hour reading reviews on my phone at the tire shop before going with them. Not a bad review found. I even spent the next few days looking for videos and still, no negative review. I'm quiet happy with them.

They have a 50k warranty. I can assure you if that's what happens to them I'll be fine.

Well the Pathfinder looks great with the new tires. This Next week after I wash her I will post pictures for those who care to see them mounted.

Also Trogdor636 what tire PSI do you normally run your Wild Peaks at.

Whats the largest tire sizes on the OEM rims without risking scrubbing the fenders? I love how aggressive the KM2's look and hoping with my sagging torsion bars that they wont scrub... 32 11 15's?

Stock height with Legos (I think the chromies are too narrow) people around here have run 33x10.50x15. I just saw some 33x9.5x15 pop up on my local Craigslist but I don't think BFG has made those for a few years now.

I was probably going to get 31x10.5x15 as those seem wider and more aggressive - 235/75/15's stick too far inside the fender... thx

31's are stock for some Pathys so you'll be fine. Just crank up the torsions if they are sagging.

31's are stock for some Pathys so you'll be fine. Just crank up the torsions if they are sagging.

Exactly how do you crank up the Torsion bars is there a link that shows how.

When I got my pathfinder I was running 235's. The t-bars were sagging, a lot :lol: , so I turned them up. I still didn't get the height I wanted so I resorted to the reindexing. It was super easy and finally got my car to a level state. Received some 31's, wildcat a/t2 and love they are a bit loud but run great. ill try to post a picture later today. Back to the t-bars job as long as you follow the instructions it should take you no longer than 2 hours. I rushed and did each one in under and hour. PB will be required, I live in WA and I dont a have a speck of rust and it still was a ***** to get off and or turn.

All great advice for Cranking the Torsion Bars I will put it to good use when I do this.

Getting Brake's done tomorrow so should post pictures of the Tires by the Weekend.