Need new tires 31x10.50x15 recommendations

Stifun

Looking for some new tires for my Pathy looking to stay undeer $500.00 if at all possible.

What brands and tires does everyone recommend.

So far I heard of a Company called Kenda Tires are they any good.

All terrains or MT will be fine.

If you are looking for under $500 you are probably better looking for some good Craigslist used deals. Kenda makes a good mountain bike tire, not sure how their truck tires hold up. I got some Falken Rocky Mountains, they were 520+mounting and balancing.

Well I found Kenda A/T for $400.00 and/T for $500.00 brand new.

But problem is don't know if I will be wasting my $ as no one I know has used them.

I felt like you at one time, you want to get the most competent tire for the least amount of pain possible, I know I was there for a year and a half. I finally broke down and paid about roughly $130 a tire plus installation at Discount tire for an awesome set of Cooper Discoverer AT/3 31 x 10.50 /15 tires. I searched every tire review and sales website possible. I finally ended up paying around $830 after install and it was worth it. To do what you want to do, for $500 you're going to have to basically get lucky on Craigs List. Because even if you went with the cheapest most unknown tire maker / off brand tires, the best you can hope for is around $115 (MAYBE) a tire for that size and type (i.e. offroad, a/t m/t etc...) You might find a good deal on Tire buyer.com or whatever else tire website but you still have to pay shipping charges which are around $30 per tire usually.

The very best you can hope for locally brand new tires that you can go and have mounted are at Walmart: For $118 a tire and free pickup, at 30x9.5/15 this would be your BEST possible scenario http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nexen-13717NXK/19473272

Here would be the next one but it's smaller, cheaper but it's a mud terrain and it really goes down hill from here..this one is actually a really good value...I might would have picked this one over the Nexen at up above, even though its smaller: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nexen-Roadian-MT-Tire-LT235-75R15-6/19474025

For 31 x 10.50 / 15 for any halfway decent tire or hell even one you don't want, you just almost can't find (here in our area in TX, you and I..) for under $130. For a good deal, $500 or under you gotta strike oil on Craigslist man. Sorry.

Greg

You might find some 31" tires for under $125 taxed, mounted and balanced, but I seriously doubt they would be good tires.

There is a tire thread in the review section you might want to read through for some ideas.

B

I've had my 31x10.5x15 Kelly Safari AT's ($100 a pop, Discount Tires special) for about a year now & overall they've been pretty good tires for the type of Froading I do, but they do have weak sidewalls (that's where both punctures were). Also, they only air down to about 26psi before they start feeling really "slushy" & feel like they're going to pop off the bead. I'm saving my pennies, I think my next set will be Duratracs or Kevlar mud pluggers.

As the others have said, you're going to be lucky to find any tires for $100 each & Precise1 is right, they won't be good tires.

I really like my Yokohama Geolander A/T+IIs.

I do a lot of dirt and rocks, no snow or mud and hardly any sand. I think they're called Geolander A/T+S now, they come up on CL for a good price in my area.

My favorite was BF Goodrich All Terrains, they were great on dirt, snow, mud, and alright on sand.

They needed chains for snow over 10 inches though.

I am actively looking in Craiglist for a good pair of Used tires.

Recently was about to buy a set of almost new Interco Trxus MT for $300.00 but sold before I could buy them.

I've had many friends price match tire companies with this website and save lots of money.

http://www.selecttire.com/Search.aspx?k=31105015

BFG AT TKO, Bridgestone Dueler REVO, Cooper Discoverer AT3; In that order

I'm currently running the Coopers, and they seem pretty well made. Only thing is that they're not as agressive looking as the BFGs.

Good luck.

I don't know how you guys are finding these great deals where ever you live but here in Houston, TX it's next to impossible to get any kind of good deal drive out for less than $800. Tires are expensive here. 90Seven I grant you the BFG is an old tried and true tire and aggresive looking with its big outside lugs but man, I'm thrilled to death with our new Coopers and I think they look great, and I'll tell you this I don't think the BFG's would have made it through some of the crap that my AT/3's have gotten me through....I think they clear out and have way better traction in the muck. I've seen videos of guys getting stuck in wet grass with the BFGs, I personally don't see what makes them so great. People buy them because that is what gets pushed on them in the dealerships when they ask for an A/T tire and they haven't done any research prior to walking in. I had to order my Coopers and wait for them, while at the same time fighting off salesmen (like a tire buying Ninja!) trying to sell me on the BFG left and right. If I didn't have these, my next tire up would have been the Cooper STT M/T.

Edited by gv280z

Well the used tires I was looking for Interco Trxus MT came back for sale so for now that is my 1st option as they are under budget but we will see if the tires are in good condition and no punctures or flats.

Will report later to let you know what happened.

pepboys has dakota difiniti mt's and they are great tires. i think i paid just over $500 with road haz. i had them on a tj and it worked great and lasted a long time

Thanks everyone for the great recommendations.

But sad to report those tires I found on Craiglist were a Bust they were old and too worn out.

Will keep looking and exploring all the options posted on here.

Thanks.

• i quoted 480 for hercules all trac for 4 new ones265-70-17-hercules-all-trac-a-t-95-tread

i bought 4 used ones at the junk yard they were brand new it was the winston winner LT but one blew out and bought another 2 used ones they are ironman brand tires they are alittle softer and probably wear out fast but heres the winston winner LT i light it cause its allter and fatter 27221_2.JPG and heres the other 2 ironmans Ironman-31x10-50R15--550~~element32.jpg

i was hopeing to find the good years i had on before which are these

gy_wrangler_ats_ci2_l.jpg

I'm trying to decide between this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Mud-Terrain+T/A+KM&partnum=575QR7MTAKM

bfg_mudterrain_takm_1000.jpg

And this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO&partnum=375SR5ATAKORWLV2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Nissan&autoYear=1995&autoModel=Pathfinder%20XE%204wd&autoModClar=

bfg_alterr_tako_1000.jpg

Of course the KM2's are bigger - I don't really want to run a huge tire w/o a lift so I'm leaning to the 2nd option which are more for daily use.... thoughts? What are the biggest sizes I can run on the OEM rims without rubbing or being too loud / and soaking up power? Thx!

Edited by enkrypt3d

Has anybody ever heard of GT Adventuro MT or Maxxis tires.

Also Triangle A/T or Nankang Mudstar these are the cheapest tires I have found in A/T or M/T type tread.

What do you guy's think would I be wasting my hard earned $$$ on these or should I keep looking for a brand name used one's on Craiglist.

bfg_mudterrain_takm_1000.jpg

Of course the KM2's are bigger - I don't really want to run a huge tire w/o a lift so I'm leaning to the 2nd option which are more for daily use.... thoughts? What are the biggest sizes I can run on the OEM rims without rubbing or being too loud / and soaking up power? Thx!

I didn't know that the KM's were still available. Good tires if you need them. As for the KM2's, that do you mean bigger? Here are 31" mounted. Yes, I do have a lift, but they will fit on a stock WD21 as well.

016.jpg

B

I dont "Need" them lol I just like how they look - i just dont know what the best size is for mostly highway driving (and not big on the noise) so thats why I was leaning towards the T/A KO's which is on the truck now in various stages of wear...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Mud-Terrain+T/A+KM2&partnum=105QR5KM2RWLV2

is this the same size you got? I really love the square look rather than the rounded donuts look like these as much as I really love these KM2's... it'll give me more of a reason to find some trails here in socal! But are they noisy on the street?

bfg_mudterrain_ta_km2_1000.jpg

I posted the KM's by accident and I meant these ^^^^^^

Edited by enkrypt3d

They hum a bit, but not terrible. Oddly enough, the road noise got louder when I did a 5 tire rotation, even though they state that they are reversible. If you don't mud much, the AT K/Os are a fine tire that will do almost as well in other situations, be quieter and probably get better mileage. I had them on a previous pathy...

A tire that is on our R50 is the Yokohama AT-s and they are superb on the road. Other people seem to like them just as much off road...

B

Well after much research I am leaning toward Falken Wind Peak ATS or Cooper A/T3.

What do you guy's think and has anybody ran these tires.