is this supposed to be bent?

BBB

Because mine definately is. All the diagrams I've seen in the fsm look like this link is straight.

this is the ps rear lower link.

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

thanks

No it should not be, but it is also not uncommon for those to bend when a 4Dr Pathy is used offroad. Some have welded angle iron to the bottom of the round ones, while some have opted to get the dog bone style links from a 2Dr to use in place of the 4Dr's round ones. Which route, if any, is more a personal preference.

Never never never never. I can't stress this enough. Assume a picture in the FSM is correct. They are always basic representations of a part, sometimes not even close to what the actual part looks like.

They seem to do their best to get it close, but don't go replacing something because the line drawing in the FSM looks different.

Always compare it to a new part if available, or another truck or two.

That's my PSA for the day.

No, that's not right. Looks like you'll have to replace it (or come up with some other option).

Mine was bent too, I opted to replace with the I-beam style from pre-92, but as mentioned above, it's a personal preference and there are other options.

IIRC the '92 and down 4 doors have the i beam shaped links too...? i remmeber my 92 having them anyway...

Yes, my 91 is a 4 door and has the I-beam links too. They shouldn't be hard to find at a junkyard. Those round ones are really scrawny and bend way too easily. Damn bean counters at work again...