what does this do?

stabworthy

it a rocker switch that says "INTERLOCK" next to my cruise cont and below mirror adjuster on my dash, on the driver side.

IMAG0347_zpse2e8c1ab.jpg

i play with it all the time , no clue what it does.

:lol: question answered, i play with it while driving :shrug: i pretend it's a boost switch .

i guess it's in the ... on? position since i'm starting it from the passengers seat while it's garage kept.

It should be a self resetting rocker switch.

1. Press
  2. Release
  3. Start

:aok:

:tongue:

well, something is not right then.

You'll take a health class in highschool and they'll teach you all about it!

and will cause the need for glasses/contacts!

:lol::clap:

One thing I tried was holding it while cranking the truck and it started immediately... I pushed it again and I heard the SHRRRRRRRRRR sound you hear if you try to start the car while its already running... this just makes me even more curious.

Yea its a push button start.... if I put the key in and turn it where the dash lights come on it starts..... weird. that might explain all the weird wiring on my battery!

Also the part that you put the key in is very loose and the plastic trim around the ignition is also removable .. It looks like it would probably be pretty easy to start it w/o the key..... :(

What do you mean about the lock cylinder being loose? I can shift mine up/down a bit but the key doesn't jiggle inside the cylinder, I assume this is normal. And yeah, from what I've heard, these are pretty easy to hotwire. Speaking of which, the push button starter should just connect to the ignition, and not require any kind of special battery hookup, but then people do weird things with wire sometimes.

Your all wrong on the second button. That's a factory installed penis extender.

Well then someone must have been mashing that button even before I bought the truck lol

What do you mean about the lock cylinder being loose? I can shift mine up/down a bit but the key doesn't jiggle inside the cylinder, I assume this is normal. And yeah, from what I've heard, these are pretty easy to hotwire. Speaking of which, the push button starter should just connect to the ignition, and not require any kind of special battery hookup, but then people do weird things with wire sometimes.

I mean the whole assembly is loose not just the key inside it... the whole cylinder is loose almost as if I could just take it out and Im sure someone could fairly easily...

As far as the funky wiring, there are 2 wires that go down towards the starter so I think it is related... not sure why its so jerry rigged tho and wired up nasty... I'd rather just remove it and put it back to stock but I have no clue what wire goes where.... The ground wire on the battery definitely needs to be replaced. And I got a CEL yesterday -- checked the codes and its a 33 - o2 sensor.... meh its always something to fix on these things! i just wanna to wheelin once I get new tires!

Your all wrong on the second button. That's a factory installed penis extender.

i remember that being in a optional package , with 2 15" subs ,4 " body lift and a pair of truck nuts.