A Tail of Two Sisters - Build Photos and Videos

I was thinking about saying fskc it and making a viral video for youtube and throw myself through the windshield lol. That might hurt though.

I'm down with seeing that.

I may acutally follow this since I like where its going.

That rust wasn't that bad. Very much fixable.

Well back too my corner now.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
And so it begins for the 91!!!

Here is a before picture to get us started.

project-pathfinder-1.jpg

As you can see I got my Monstaliner in the mail today.

Here is the way she sits as of right now.

project-pathfinder-3.jpg

If you want to see the build videos check out this link.

This is a list of current plans/goals:

• Paint her in a 3 color Monstaliner finish
  • Rebuild the brake system
  • Install 16 inch steel wheels with custom welded on rocks rings
  • Install Mud tires of some sort. I’m thinking about going with 33″ Treadwright Guard Dogs
  • Remove and replace the entire interior with the interior out of a 94 Pathfinder.
  • Install an updated steering system from Camini
  • And much later down the road. Fully custom suspension with a solid axle installed up front.
  • Install a transfer case doubler.
  • Install winch
  • Build new roof rack and install LED light bar.
  • Skid plates
  • Maybe a roll cage

And this is a rough idea of what I hope she looks like when I'm finished. All the graphics will be vinyl.

91-Pathy-Project2.jpg

91-Pathy-Project-21.jpg

Edited by The_Magicians_Eye

Made a bunch of progress. The truck is completely tore down and I'm about half way finished with the prep work before I can spray Chassis Saver on the rust prone areas. Once that's finished I'll start rolling on the Monstaliner.

If you want to check out the videos here's the link.

project-pathfinder-6.jpg

project-pathfinder-7.jpg

project-pathfinder-8.jpg

project-pathfinder-9.jpg

All the prep work is finally finished!! Tomorrow I mask it off, give it a quick wipe down to remove any dust, and start spraying Chassis Saver on all the rust prone areas. After it has 4 or 5 hrs to dry it will be time for Monstaliner! Finally lol.

project-pathfinder-15.jpg

Made a bunch of progress today. Basically I sprayed a base coat of Chassis Saver to help fight off the rust issues here in NY. This is the first time I sprayed a car so it was far from perfect but I think it turned out pretty good for a base coat that will be completely covered up with Monstaliner. Normally when using this product you should apply 4 thing coats. I did one medium coat because it's just a base coat. Honestly though if I had more Chassis Saver I would have done at least one more coat for piece of mind.

Anyway here are the pics.

project-pathfinder-16.jpg

project-pathfinder-17.jpg

If you're at all interested in watching me paint this click on the following link. There will also be information about the gun I used and what not.

First coat of black is applied and looking good! I'll start the 2nd coat in a couple hours more hours. White and read will be installed tomorrow late afternoon.

project-pathfinder-19.jpg

project-pathfinder-18.jpg

If you want to watch that process make sure you check out this link.

• Like 1

That truck is going to last forever now!!! I feel myself becoming envious....I think I must do this too......!

Don't worry the colour scheme is yours, I'll just leave mine black!

Might I enquire as to the approximate cost for supplies for this project?

That truck is going to last forever now!!! I feel myself becoming envious....I think I must do this too......!

Don't worry the colour scheme is yours, I'll just leave mine black!

Might I enquire as to the approximate cost for supplies for this project?

lol thanks.

The two gallon black kit they sell will do the trick. I had just enough to do two coats over the whole body and both my bumpers. Check out the link for pricing. It's not bad at all. Way cheaper than a paint job that will eventually get all scratched up if you wheel at all.

http://www.shop.monstaliner.com/2-Gallon-BLACK-Roll-On-Kit-ML90RK2G.htm

WOAH, you chassis saver'ed the whole body?! Well at least we can be sure that there will be a npora truck reppin for the next hundred years or so, lol. I bet it'll be a good amount quieter when you're done, especially with the monstaliner :jealous:

Really excited to see it when you're done, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

WOAH, you chassis saver'ed the whole body?! Well at least we can be sure that there will be a npora truck reppin for the next hundred years or so, lol. I bet it'll be a good amount quieter when you're done, especially with the monstaliner :jealous:

Really excited to see it when you're done, keep up the good work!

Yup the whole body. Well I did run out on the tailgate but but it should be fine. I got the areas that are most likely to rust plus all the Monstaliner I'm sure will do a good job of protecting things lol.

Right now I'm trying to get the interior from the other Pathy into this one while I wait for the black to really setup. God willing I'll be putting the white and red on tonight and it should be ready to drive tomorrow.

• Like 1

Dude, you are a maniac... I thought I worked a lot...lol

lol I have my moments lol.

Just a little teaser pic. This turned out looking damn good. Make sure you guys check out Monstaliner. This is a great product and made my truck look good enough to get the neighbors to stop and look at it.
^^^^^Make sure to check them out^^^^^
project-pathfinder-21.jpg
  • Like 2

Looking real good :coolpics:.

Doesn't it? I can't stop looking at it. It also looks like I might he the first to ever do a 3 tone color design to this degree with Monstaliner. That's what the owner of the company was saying so I'm going to take that "title" and run with it lol.

Good Job man it looks narrley! I'm not a big paint guy (usually paint it black and call it done) but I'm really impressed on how it turned out! Excellent, I hope it's not out of line of me to say that the front bumper seems a bit naked... Especially in your 3rd picture... Unless I'm missing something