R50 wheel spacers hub centric or stud centric?

rig002

Hello everyone..!

I have an 01 pathy se and I would like to know if our R50's are hub centric wheels or stud centric? cause i have seen wheel spacers with 100mm hub centric also 104mm hub centric for pathfinder.

The reason that i am asking is that i dont wanna buy the wrong spacers. So anyone out there that for sure know the answer i will really appreciated.

thanks

you can't go wrong with any of them if you ask me. If they are machined like they are today, the bolt holes are super aligned and they come with tapered nuts... I have been running on my lug centric spacers since 2009 now... respect the torque and tightening order and you will be fine..

The stock wheels are hub centric, most aftermarket are lug centric. I have lug centric Pro Comps on mine & use tapered nuts tightened in the correct sequence, no problems with mine except a very slight vibration at about 50mph. I was thinking of using spacers but as I said, if you tighten the lug nuts in the correct sequence you shouldn't have a problem.

... kidding of course. :lol:

For some reason i doubt that... :unsure:

I guess i learned something new. DIdn't know stock car50 wheels were hub centric... and didnt know there was a term lugcentric. hahah. :blush:

thanks for all the reply's.!!!

i was just wondering cause this is my first nissan pathfinder..I've had a 4runner before and i remembered that i was using 33's with non hub centric 1" spacers and around 50-60 mph i was having the same vibration that you all mentioned., but after i did replace the spacer for ones that are from Spidertrax Co. with hub centric ( for a toyota) i think they were 104mm or 108mm, that" vibration" was GONE!!

So, i do agree with you that having the Lug centric ones torqued correctly they might work fine.! BUT.. i would love to know if our pithfinder's are "" 100mm ""on the Hub Center bore??? that is what i have read on some websites, but not on any Forums.!

I found a Pair of wheel spacers for $80 wirh 1.25" wide and 100mm cnter bore hub.( for a Patfinder), But i want to make sure before i buy them,. I dont wanna have any vibrations with the lug centric.

Also there is in the market something that is called " wheel hub spacers" that are installed between the spacers and the hub to make sure this one will not have any play or movement or vibration at any speed, and come in different dimensions...So i dont know if this could work with the Non hub centric spacers?? Any one out there have these??

Sorry for being a pain in the rear! bumper asking all this questions!! i am just trying to buy the correct parts for my vehicle,! expecting some help from you guys that have more experience on a Pathy.

SO, do anybody knows if our Pathy 2001 r50, are (100mm on the hub dimension?) or what?

Also, where can i see more Pictures of R50's lifted on any forum?....I will post pics of mine soon,! with the AC lift on it.

Once again thanks for all your help guys.!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I run 16 in Toyota Rims,they are lug centric with an abs spacer the spacer was tossed in but I doubt it makes any real difference, no noticeable vibration at any speed. If you are going to a heavier tire have your bearings checked, my right front was under tightened that vibrates like crazy.

I run the same wheels as devonianwalk and theexbrit, and i do get a VERY slight vibration around the same speed, my big annoyance is the vibration when braking, feels like a crazy warped rotor, but its just the wheels, and i'm too lazy to re-torque them.

But don't get plastic wheel centering rings, for one, the don't really help, and due to our brake/hub setup, the melt when the whole is at operating temp.

-Kyle

EDIT, no company make specific bore size wheels for our pathfinders (at least non that i'am aware of) like they did for your yota, just no demand, keeping the torque procedure correct with the occasional re-torque is really the only option to run aftermarket wheels.

Yes, the hub size is about 100mm but not exact, going back to those centering rings, i bought 100-108mm rings, and they still have some play around the hubs, but i dont think its a 99mm,

The wheel spacers are a must if you decide to keep your stock wheels and run taller tires. Spacers have a bad rep (in my book) which i why i decided to get new wheels all together plus i didn't really like the stock wheels i had.

Edited by ferrariowner123
  • Like 1

Thanks for all.!

Have any body here have try the ecu chips performance that tricks the ecu and gives mor HP and gas mileage?

Also there is a cilindrical tube with blades that makes for the intake more air...any of this work?

I have seen them on ebay also on very reputable stores on the web like..

Check out this item I found on eBay:

Item: MORE HP! PERFORMANCE CHIP FOR NISSAN PATHFINDER 96-09 2002 2003 SAVE FUEL!

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=310618845872

Alt URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORE-HP-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-96-09-2002-2003-SAVE-FUEL-/3106188458 and

Check out this item I found on ebay

Item: MORE HP! PERFORMANCE CHIP FOR NISSAN PATHFINDER 96-09 2002 2003 SAVE FUEL!

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=310618845872

Alt URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORE-HP-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-96-09-2002-2003-SAVE-FUEL-/310618845872

Check out this item I found on eBay

Item: ONLY 4 NISSAN - PERFORMANCE COLD AIR INTAKE SUPERCHARGER TURBO FAN TORNADO

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=261144440735

Alt URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ONLY-4-NISSAN-PERFORMANCE-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-SUPERCHARGER-TURBO-FAN-TORNADO-/261144440735

Tell me what you guyd think..also there is a chip or amps maintainer keeper that connects to d battery and keeps the amps/ voltage always high never below.

Check out this item I found on eBay:

Item: Nissan Performance Turbo Boost-Volt Nismo Engine Chip -FREE 2-3 DAY USA SHIPPING

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=251054620179

Alt URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Performance-Turbo-Boost-Volt-Nismo-Engine-Chip-FREE-2-3-DAY-USA-SHIPPING-/251054620179

Let me know anybody" thanks

Thanks for all.!

Have any body here have try the ecu chips performance that tricks the ecu and gives mor HP and gas mileage?

Also there is a cilindrical tube with blades that makes for the intake more air...any of this work?

I have seen them on ebay also on very reputable stores on the web like..

Let me know anybody" thanks

Dont buy anything off Ebay that isn't from a brand you have heard of or explicitly recommended from a reputable member of the forum.

Those chips do nothing to help you. The bladed things are a scam (if anything they block air, you need pressure to get any really increase in flow, those fan don't work fast enough or run at high enough tolerances (like a turbo charger) to create boost, nor are they in a seal system)

if you want MPG, get a pair of manual hubs, Warn, mile marker, who ever you decide. They create less mechanical drag and in turn less work the motor has to do, you just loose the on the fly 4X4 option.

Another is to make sure your engine and in fact car, is well maintained, old parts or failing parts play a huge role on a cars efficiency.

last is keep of the throttle. And that's really it.

-Kyle

BtW..i do have stock wheels...but still wondering about the lug centric vs hub centric spacers....i just dont wanna by the log ones and have vibrations...cause ive had use hub centric spidertrax for my old 4runner and they were greate.

thanks

There is a par of 1" or 2" thick of wheel spacers hub centric for pathfinder with 100mm center hub bore for $80 a par...the only problem is that i cant find them with 1.25" or 1.50" thick...i think i will make them a call.

• 6 months later...

I've experimented with the "Tornado" cold air intake. Yeah, they're pretty much a scam. I've tried 3 different (differnet sizez, dual blade, single blade, you name it) ones, and neither of them made a noticible difference. I've also tried them in different places in the intake to see if they would make any kind of difference - it didn't.

Along those same lines: from what I've read, the electric superchargers, also do not work (the reason for that is they do not build any pressure). The ES's might help with a little intake flow, but they most definitely do not produce a boost. I have heard people swear by the centrifugal electric superchargers, as they do produce some pressure. I'm still very skeptical of that, being that the ES's seem to overheat, and with a centrifugal, it would have to be running constantly (I think?).

If anyone does try the chip, let us know how it works out for you!