Supercharged 90 2-door

254RWHP

P.s. one option may be to send in the injectors to be bored and reworked. I believe most injectors can be reworked to a higher cc rating. There are a few companies out there that do it. Might be an option if you are having difficulty finding over sized oem replacements.

May be an idea, especially comparing to buying new ones. I called jwt and rc engineering today. Ben at jwt couldn't confirm the theory of older vh & vgde but didnt condemn the idea. Rc said the pathfinder ones are larger diameter than std nissans and they dont offer any in that style. No info from them on vgde or vh but i dont recall specifically asking them.

• 2 years later...

Stock ecu but you can scale the air/fuel by swapping injectors and MAF together. This is also a good idea because the stock MAF is a flow restriction and any of the upgrades below will flow more than this setup is capable of.

So stock is 180cc with a stock MAF from there you can go up to

z32 270cc with an N60 MAF commonly found on other nissan infiniti cars like the M30 etc

vg33er 380cc? or other similar rannge with the N62 MAF common to the Z32 turbo

The way it works is the MAF reports air flow on a voltage scale. The higher resolution MAF will show a lower voltage for the same ammount of air as a lower resolution MAF and thus the ecu will deliver less fuel. So if the MAF is upgraded poportially with the injectors it gets you close without any ECU tunnig aids.

I would not run the supercharger on a 3.0 crank I think its too much extra load and its the farthest pulley from the engien. The snout is 1/4" smaller than the 3.3 crank so start with a 3.3 at the very least if you are going to do this swap.

The throttle body has been modifed to run the 3.0 throttle position sensor. and the 3.0 igniton system is retained as well.

Ok - yes this is an old post, and yes this was started a bit "tongue in cheek"...BUT, it this information on MAFs and injectors accurate? Or was this just part of the original gag?

This is funny. I pop in to NPORA to see if there's anything interesting and this old topic has been stirred up.... So, Supercharged 2 door ...
Life happens and while I'd like to say Supercharged 2 door will happen too it has been on the backburner for quite some time. :hide:
( :treadmill: I also see the same repeat questions :headwall: that were asked 12 years ago still being asked and Redpath88 still patiently answering them :treadmill: )

Is there truth to that post that was originally part of a joke? ABSOLUTELY. :dance:

How much of that is true about tuning via MAF and Injector changes only? 95% :broken:

Want the last 5%?
Each model ECU interprets MAF input values differently so while going to higher resolution/ larger MAF's paired with larger injectors will theoretically balance the AFR equation the exact combination and result will vary from vehicle to vehicle. So you will still have to run an wideband swap the parts out and observe until you get the combination right. Start by picking the injectors that meet your HP requirements and then go up one in MAF. Unplug your factory o2 sensor and go for a test drive. If you are too rich under light to mid throttle you can put the MAF in a larger housing or select a different unit. If you are too lean, do the opposite. Stock Nissans from the 90's were inherently rich up top (some times too rich in the midrange too) so if you are seeing 10-11:1 AFR under boost and everything else is normal for idle and cursing that is probably going to be the best you are going to get without dedicated ECU tuning.
Oh and before all this, do a few runs on the wideband with the stock setup so you have a reference point before you start changing parts and adding boost.

IN the long run if you get Nistune you can fine tune this relationship between the MAF and the injectors using what's called the K constant and much, much more...
Currently running M30 MAF and R50 Injectors. Most likely be on z32 MAF and VG33ER injectors if I ever finish the project with boost. This will get me plenty close to my air flow capacity and fuel requirements to meet my needs AND dial it in with Nistune.

• Like 1

Thanks for verifying the original info and adding to it.

I'm impressed there is enough "tolerance" in the factory ECUs to allow some of this MAF and injector juggling. I've gone the megasquirt route on a couple motorcycle EFI conversions -- but would prefer to keep the daily driver "manners" of a factory ECU for cold starts, idle control, etc. It all s a huge investment in time and trial and error to get a stand alone truly to the "factory" levels of drivability vice "good enough" as a hot rod or weekend warrior.

This sounds promising...

• 5 years later...

So I'm glad I found this post. Just want to clarify some things for my 93. Already have a VG33E that will get swapped using the VG30E electronics. If I wanted to add the supercharger I shouldnt have to change much at all?