Supercharged 90 2-door

254RWHP

Does the hood close?

Yes, please share more... :aok:

B

The hood is off. Nissan Pickup hoods look like they have more room but I don't think it will be enough, maybe if a body lift and a pickup hood combined would work.

One post and just a picture? I require more pics and info!!!

Sweet setup so far.....considering 2 door 90's are pretty rare......

stock airbox is in the perfect location and everything pretty much lines up. Still need a VG33ER A/C compressor to get my A/C running again and complete my collection of 3.3 accssories and run all vg33er belts & pulleys.

Camera broke sorry guys.

Edited by 254RWHP

The 93-97 Hardbody hoods have that little bubble, but you'd probably have to cut out some of the support to put that bubble to use. Even then it may not be enough.

So are you running a VG30, or VG33? I'd love to see a build list of what you've done. ECU etc.

The 93-97 Hardbody hoods have that little bubble, but you'd probably have to cut out some of the support to put that bubble to use. Even then it may not be enough.

So are you running a VG30, or VG33? I'd love to see a build list of what you've done. ECU etc.

Stock ecu but you can scale the air/fuel by swapping injectors and MAF together. This is also a good idea because the stock MAF is a flow restriction and any of the upgrades below will flow more than this setup is capable of.

So stock is 180cc with a stock MAF from there you can go up to

z32 270cc with an N60 MAF commonly found on other nissan infiniti cars like the M30 etc

vg33er 380cc? or other similar rannge with the N62 MAF common to the Z32 turbo

The way it works is the MAF reports air flow on a voltage scale. The higher resolution MAF will show a lower voltage for the same ammount of air as a lower resolution MAF and thus the ecu will deliver less fuel. So if the MAF is upgraded poportially with the injectors it gets you close without any ECU tunnig aids.

I would not run the supercharger on a 3.0 crank I think its too much extra load and its the farthest pulley from the engien. The snout is 1/4" smaller than the 3.3 crank so start with a 3.3 at the very least if you are going to do this swap.

The throttle body has been modifed to run the 3.0 throttle position sensor. and the 3.0 igniton system is retained as well.

Edited by 254RWHP

Okay this awesome, i love the fact that superchargers are popping up on the forum.

You are paving the way for a future thread on making this an easier swap in the future!!!

Im currently eyeing a frontier SC wreck to get my idea on price

But other than that, AWESOME WORK DUDE

tumblr_m2ixeyHlV81r74odw.gif

YOU GET A HUG!!!

tumblr_lyrttw4GrY1ql1ldp.gif

-Kyle

• Like 1

superchargertest1_1__by_ghkj21-d5vff2c.j

LowerManifoldandValveCovers.jpg

MY1PATH has a 89 2 door same colour body, valve cover, coolant intake and was going to supercharge a vg33. Coincidence no?

EDIT: He even looks abit like him if this is his yahoo profile, maybe its just me? Also MY1PATH photobucket is ghj018

Edited by Leo94
  • Like 1

:lol::blink:

Well it all started with this guy ^^^ actually there were 5 of us pathfinder owners there when I was plugging in my 10:1 3.3 but one of them kept saying "are you gonna put the supercharger on it tonight?" The answer was no but he kept asking so we lined everything up, we had some laughs and took some pictures.

But that was not the end of it... lol

Nice detective work.

The supercharger won't go on until I procure a vg33er a/c compressor.

I was originally going to call out the single post OP for being a cory74700 imposter. Post 3 almost cemented that position, but then I kept reading only to find out it was our own MY1PATH. You could have dragged this one out a little more for fun.

stash-1-50b667d8af200.gif

I'm no cory I couldn't make yall suffer for pages and pages like that.

I was originally going to call out the single post OP for being a cory74700 imposter. Post 3 almost cemented that position, but then I kept reading only to find out it was our own MY1PATH. You could have dragged this one out a little more for fun.

Besides, Leo had me pinned, How can I drag it on from there?

Oh wait, my uncle is a wizzard he'd figure out how disappear the evidence and let me drag it on longer.

Edited by MY1PATH

Well it all started with this guy ^^^ actually there were 5 of us pathfinder owners there when I was plugging in my 10:1 3.3 but one of them kept saying "are you gonna put the supercharger on it tonight?" The answer was no but he kept asking so we lined everything up, we had some laughs and took some pictures.

But that was not the end of it... lol

Nice detective work.

The supercharger won't go on until I procure a vg33er a/c compressor.

Thanks although now I kinda feel bad for ruining your plan. What really got my attention was the white coolant elbow, after seeing that and the blue valve covers I though to my self that it might be some crazy coincidence but after some stalking/investigating I could confirm it was you but by then I couldn't delete my first post. Maybe we could all still play along like this wasn't uncovered straight away? But that aside good job with the supercharger :aok:.

Its a 3.4L I used a 3.3 block from a supercharged xterra and pistons from an infiniti q45. I saw a project pathfinder article that did this but they did it wrong... I had my friend duplicate the 3.0 vavle reliefs because he said duplicating the huge 3.3 reliefs like the the guys in that article would leave roughly .040" of solid materal under the lowest part of the relief. NOT SAFE, especially for a boosted engine. Besides, its higher compression this way.

Between the headwork and piston work I knocked the compression down from 10.3 to about 9.8 but the margin of safety with boost is much greater.Then I put a .125" radius every edge of every valve relief to elminate any chance of any hot spots. After polishing the combustion chamber and unshorouding the valves I had the heads and pistons Thermal barier coated for added safety (just incase I want more than stock boost)

I also did lots of work to the ouside of the heads since the castings seem to be good at retaining dirt and mud in the spark plug wells.

The whole thing went together with Jim Wolf Stage 1 Cams and thorley headers to complete the package.

I got 254RWHP at the dyno which if you figure drive train loss is probably about 300HP at the crank. The the boost response is near instant at any RPM as soon as I put my foot to about 1/2 throttle. It is scary fast because if your foot is into it the torque feels like full power at any RPM, I have bypass switch just to shut the boost off sometimes for safety.

Maybe we could all still play along like this wasn't uncovered straight away?

Play along? Oh its all real, it just hasn't happened yet!

Edited by 254RWHP