strange electric problem

BigMike

ive got this annoying a$$ electrical problem, ever time i turn right or blast my sub my vanity lights flicker on and off like strobes. the first time it happened is was like wtf? :confused: and now all i am is pissed :furious: cause its freakin annoying. i think its the rear door switch but im no sure, you guys have any ideas?

I had the same problem -- it was the switch for the hatch, so I disconnected it. If you pull the plastic hatch panel off you can reach down into the hatch door and wiggle the switch to see if this is your problem. If so, you can either replace the switch or disconnect it. If you disconnect it the vanity lights will obviously not turn on when you open your hatch, but you can always switch them on manually.

good luck.

I wrapped a little electrical tape around the bar that the latch grabs. It was enough to push the switch a little farther and eliminate the problem.

I had the exact same problem and used the exact same solution. But my tape couldn't take the abuse. Guess I shouldn't be so cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

yea it is adjustable, i found out it was the rear hatch switch. i raised it up but left it in the origianl position. i put some washers under the catch to raise it. now it works fine. after many nights of my truck being a rolling rave i got tired and tore out all the door switches and then took out the rear one.

I did the tape also, and just replace every one in awhile since I rarely use the hatch. I believe there was originally a plastic sleeve on there, but its long gone. The latch plate thing is adjustable too, but it wouldn't go far enough to solve the problem. Junkyard time.

I had the same problem, I disconnected mine, no flicker since, beware, It disables your sensor for the alarm for the rear hatch...I can open my hatch any time I want without turning off the alarm.... Could be a problem for you guys with huge bass boxes and whatnot just waiting to be lifted!!!!

• 4 weeks later...