So its time to sell my truck.!

stalker

So i have been looking at Frontier or and X

I trust a lot of your guys opinions and would like to here any pros or cons between those 2

thanks,

P/S im not selling my Pathy...just this gas hog

IMG_1572.jpg

To help us aim our advice, what are your end goals with this secondary vehicle? Is it to wheel along with your pathy? or some other purpose? (ex: Frontier is def going to be better at hauling lumber than the xterra, but the x might be a bit more nimble out in the woods since its not as long.)

To help us aim our advice, what are your end goals with this secondary vehicle? Is it to wheel along with your pathy? or some other purpose? (ex: Frontier is def going to be better at hauling lumber than the xterra, but the x might be a bit more nimble out in the woods since its not as long.)

just down sizing to a mid size truck or SUV...and of course i will be doing some mods to either one...a SaSed X would be sick...

really it is still up in the air...im just wondering between the different years what is the best option for either rig

So i have been looking at Frontier or and X

P/S im not selling my Pathy...just this gas hog

I'd also ask if you need the convenient bed of a truck? Right off, I'd go with the Fronty for the versatility, but if you wouldn't need the bed, then the X makes more sense. From what I gather the first and second gens are the ones you want, but I'm not well versed in either. Good hunting!

Damn, my jaw was dropping until I read this part! :lol:

B

• Like 1

Damn, my jaw was dropping until I read this part! :lol:

this is my 4th WD21 that i have owned and your going to have to pry this one out of my dead hands to get rid of it...

• Like 1

My dad had a newer Fronty (dunno the chassis code but it's the one that's basically an R51 with a bed) and it did pretty well. They do have the odd issue with the trans cooler making a milkshake of the ATF, but there are ways around that, and it was never a problem on his. A rear brake stuck once and ate the rotor. Durability's a mixed bag, the tail gate hinge was complete crap (bent) but the front end survived a deer collision with almost no noticeable damage (bumper alignment was very slightly off). He only traded it in for an R50 because he was tired of making car payments.

He also had an older Xterra, which was gutless. IIRC it was the first year of them, and later ones were improved somewhat. Probably didn't help that it was an ex-rental.

So basically I really want to build another truck or SUV...I can do without the towing or hauling part as I no longer have anything to haul...So I'm leaning towards the frontier...anyone know what years are good and what motor should I look for.?