2008 350z -> 1994 pathfinder se :)

z33r350z

Hello my name is Richie i recently picked up a 94 pathfinder se fully loaded so i can stop driving my first car 2008 350z 300whp all motor (mustang dyno ) and i love this thing even though changing the oil on it once cause me more blood then owning and modding my z for the past 4 1/2 years. so an oil filter relocation kit will be on order soon.

i just put kyb's up front and i gotta fix the torsion bar on the driver side there is less fender gap then on my z lol

i did the fuel filter looked to be oem

i have all new belts (just not the timing belt )

speedo and tach work sometimes i already took apart the dash took out every brass screw cleaned all the contacts with rubbing alcohol applied some di electric grease. i dont know what else to do lol ( input please )

i will post pictures soon heading out to work.

oh yea truck has 95k on clock who knows if its real it pulls strong.

also its to quite for me so exhaust options please before i gut the cat lol

Welcome to NPORA, Richie!

Yeah, the oil filter is in a pretty lame place and angle makes sure you drip on the starter (mine is relocated). There's a few things like that, but every vehicle has its quirks. :shrug:

I replaced a timing belt in a 1995 2 years ago with 96k on it, and it was in fairly good shape, all things considered. You could probably run it a bit longer, until it warms up to do it, but don't put it off too long!

I took a dead tach swapped it into another cluster put it in another Pathy and it came back to life and worked fine. I have no answers other than a junkyard or a part-out if you've already re-torqued everything.

Plenty of threads about exhaust so look it up. :tongue:

Everything from cat back set ups to full headers, free flow cats and custom piping through Flowmasters. ;)

B

When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was, oh, somebody's doing an engine swap... :lol:

:welcome:

well you never know i love the VQ sound and ive been searching for another low miles HR to build and swap into the Z.

im was born into nissan so i will only use nissan motors.

dad had an old 88 hard body when i was like 1-6 then he got a 97 hard body mom got ride of her bronco to get a 99 1/2 path se then we fwll off the wangon for a bit getting ride of the hardbody for a 2003 ram 1500 hemi to pull a trailer and the pathfinder for a scion xb i saved every dime i had and when i turned 17 pick out my own nissan my z then sold the ram for a 09 froniter and now i have my pathfinder.

i will put pix up when i get home i have tons of the z and i do a lil photography on the side so i have some crazy pix of it

Where are you in NY? How does it feel going from a Z to a Pathfinder? :lol:

im on long island. lets see oil change is $21 gas milage about the same but a dollar cheeper. not having to worry if ill scrap or if its gonna snow and able to do some offroading priceless lol.

also z goes through rear tires every 6 months or so and i have 275's on the rear $$$$$

specs on the Z

2008 350z

power

-300whp( mustang dyno )

-injen long tube dual intake

-high flow cats

-hks hi power ti (extra magnaflow x pipe to replace h pipe )

-uprev engine management.

Footwork

-Hellwig adjustable sway bars (first production set )

-drilled and slotted rotors ceramic pads

-var es4 wheels 19x10.5 +12 rear 19x9.5 +12 front 275/35/19 rear 245/45/19 front (semi streached)

Body

-chargespeed rear bumper with carbon fiber add on

- carbon fiber plate surround

-nismo v2 spoiler with carbon fiber adjustable blade

-carbon fiber mad eye lids

-carbon fiber oem style fenders ( waiting for spring )

-blacked out emblems

- nismo 06^ front lip

Lighting

-blacked out tail lights

-blacked out reverse and turn sig

-led plate lights

-custom 1 off led lnteior lighting (all in oem spots no rice )

-custom moded oem head lights housings flat black sti-r lens, demon eye ,iron man ,mods

Audio

-0 gauge power wire ;)

-jl audio c5 6.5 components

-2 10" alpine type r dvc 4ohm

- kenwood dnx 5160

-plate light back up cam

-matching amps

-zencloures sub box

misc

- z1 hatch struts

-nismo rad cap

-innovate wideband

-custom cubby gauge pod

-the z store floor mats and seats

all this except the tune was done by me so you know the pathy will be a slice of cake

Sexy, and the Z isn't too bad either! :D

It'll be interesting to see what you do to the Pathy... :aok:

B

first im cleaning it up as you can see the previous owner dident believe in buying a stereo harness so im gonna cut out everything and start new mat put my kenwood double din in here and a avic in the z.

right now im cleaning it up may paint it all black inside the top of the dash has cracks so ill fill it and wrap it in leather or somthing

I'm from Long Island too, (Patchogue), now in Florida.

eww florida jk wish i lived there long island roads have done thousands of dollars in damage to my z lol. u must miss the snow i was out 4wheeling till 3 am in the fresh snow

thx everyone means alot to me alot of blood sweat in tears into the z i am the original owner of the car and am keeping it that way ;) no one works on it but me so i know its done right.

Now the pathy has officially earned the right to be modded further i took it through snowy woody trails just big enough for it to fit including a huge incline that was like 75 % grade i was amazed when the trail was blocked with a tree no problem i made my own trail or found my own path if you will lol. tommarow if its not frezzing i was be trying to fix the torision bar to stop the scarping install some other odds and ends but i think i will be getting myself a 3" body lift :)

"eww florida jk wish i lived there long island roads have done thousands of dollars in damage to my z lol. u must miss the snow i was out 4wheeling till 3 am in the fresh snow "

Back home we used to go four wheeling almost every night, I worked nights until 11:00 so we all used to meet up at 7-11 than head out. One night after being out until about 2-3 a.m. it was snowing pretty good and the wife and I went back out around 4 a.m. just to be the first one's to tear up the fresh snow out at our favorite mudding area (now condos !), I have video of that trip. Smith Point beach every weekend, camping on the beach when they used to let you with 14 friends, loved it.

Down here in Florida, been here since 96 have been 4 wheelin one time !!

"eww florida jk wish i lived there long island roads have done thousands of dollars in damage to my z lol. u must miss the snow i was out 4wheeling till 3 am in the fresh snow "

Back home we used to go four wheeling almost every night, I worked nights until 11:00 so we all used to meet up at 7-11 than head out. One night after being out until about 2-3 a.m. it was snowing pretty good and the wife and I went back out around 4 a.m. just to be the first one's to tear up the fresh snow out at our favorite mudding area (now condos !), I have video of that trip. Smith Point beach every weekend, camping on the beach when they used to let you with 14 friends, loved it.

Down here in Florida, been here since 96 have been 4 wheelin one time !!

we always have one 4x4 in our line up of cars so we can go to smiths point. when i was younger we went camping evey weekend camped on the beach florida penn everywhere and i got a sports car so i couldent do that on my own lol now things are diffrent

Looks like the bug has bitten. You might want to do the headlight relay upgrade, it'll give you a lot more lumens...

That's some skeery looking wildlife you have out back in NY! :D

B

u dont have a link to this do u i was gonna try and find lights to put on the roof lol i have factory fog lights to