Anyone interested in a R50 winch bumper?

projekz

Good morning!

I just had a chat with the folks over at Calmini. They would be willing to put their R50 prototype bumper from back in the day into production if we can get a minimum of 25 orders together. The design and cost will be the same as the 2nd gen Xterra bumper:

http://purenissan.com/winch_bumper4.htm

Please list your name if you would be SERIOUS about this. The next step is to get deposits to Calmini once we have confirmed 25 people.

1-Projekz

2-

3-

4-

5-

etc

If you haven't already, you should post this on other 4x4 forums that have r50s to expand this list quickly and after the name in the list you can put the forum that they are on in brackets.

Good morning!

I just had a chat with the folks over at Calmini. They would be willing to put their R50 prototype bumper from back in the day into production if we can get a minimum of 25 orders together. The design and cost will be the same as the 2nd gen Xterra bumper:

Please list your name if you would be SERIOUS about this. The next step is to get deposits to Calmini once we have confirmed 25 people.

1-Projekz

2- TNWade

3-

4-

5-

etc

Funny, I sent an email to RLC fab to see if they could make a custom bumper that looks like the TJM bumper. They sell their xterra bumpers for $550 which is very reasonable and about the extent I would go. Truth be told I'd much rather spend the money on an ARB locker than a bumper.

Any idea on cost? Id be seriously interested if it wasn't outrages

The link in the first post lists the price at $740.

Good morning!

1-Projekz

2- TNWade

3-

4-

5-

etc

Thanks!

FYI, here's some pics of the R50 bumper.

Thanks Xplor

As previously stated. They will be the same price as the 2nd Gen Xterra bumpers. Hopefully we can gather enough interest to get this going, 25 bumpers is a lot but I'm hoping there is enough people modifying their R50 to make this a success.

It's pretty much the only available option right now beside custom bumpers and the price is definitely more than reasonable compare to ARB for the Sahara bar @ $1400.

I'm interested. I've been looking at TAG, ARB R50 bumpers but they're either too big & clunky or too pricey. I thought about an XJ bumper & making it fit an R50. I'm wondering how difficult it would be to make an Xterra bumper fit an R50? I think the R50 is wider?

My fall back plan if this group buy doesn't go thru is to purchase a Calmini or ARB bumper for the 98 Frontier and modify it to fit my R50. I will be most likely be cutting all the mounts and making new ones.

You're right, I saw that. That's what gave me the idea to retrofit a Frontier ARB or Calmini to mine. I'm sure the brackets are completely different tho, seeing how the Frontier is body on frame and the R50 is unibody.

Let's get this group buy going so that we have something R50 specific!!!

Come on people :)

Bump!

LOL. This is why the Calmini R50 bumper never made it to market. I bet there are still fewer than 25 Pathy owners who actually own winch bumpers already, and I bet fewer than another 10 who have custom tube bumpers they built themselves.

• Like 1

I'll buy your TJM from you lol.

In all seriousness, it looks like I need to explore different options. I'm hoping to get a bumper in the spring and this option is looking less likely as the days go by.

• 2 months later...

I didn't jump on this because I've been talking to a "local" shop about one of their XJ winch bumpers being modified (mounting points) to fit the R50. I may actually pay him a visit this summer because the cost looks to be much lower than Calmini, ARB, TAG...and I don't have to pay shipping.

Here's a looksie -

image-5.jpg

If this actually works out, I'll be sure to post up. I'll also talk to him about the potential to save the build specs in case there is interest outside of just me. We'll see though, still lots to do on my end, so no one hold there breath on this.

• Like 1

Bump!

Incase you missed my post.

If you haven't already, you should post this on other 4x4 forums that have r50s to expand this list quickly and after the name in the list you can put the forum that they are on in brackets.

If I'm not mistaken isn't there someone who had a tag bumper on an r50 and then put it on an xterra ?

That was Mike Thomson aka Morpheus.....after he got rid of his R50, he put his winch bumper on his Xterra. He's a Nissan Service Manager in

Milton Nissan www.miltonnissan.ca

• 2 weeks later...