Nx4 Strut Spacers?

nismotr

I'm wondering if anyone who has installed them has any before/after pics. I'm debating getting a set, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it will really make. I hate the rake that the 2" ac coils give, way too high in the back relative to the front. Also, which setup is preferred? top mount? middle mount?

this is how my Qx4 looks with just the 2" lift:

1023111113-2.jpg

I'm also considering installing bumpers and a winch in the near future so I'm hoping to get some extra lift so the front doesn't sag any more than it already does.

• Like 1

I don't have any before/after pics but, the rake is greatly reduced with the spacers. I drove around several months before adding the NX4's and certainly noticed the difference after installing them. I'd recommend them.

• Like 1

Since your wheeling it, how 'bout a trailer hitch? Cuts into your departure angle a bit but adds some weight, protection, and a good rear recovery point. The springs will settle a bit as well.

• Like 2

Great info from everyone, thanks, I have a rear hitch installed although it is hard to see and I just drug it on some rocks yesterday wheelin'. I would cut the rear coils, but I have heard many horror stories about coil cutting so I don't think that's my best option although it might help with how rough the rear rides. Theexbrit, I read their information page, but wanted to get a better consensus from the people who own them, we have almost the same setup so I'm not sure if I want to fight with adjusting the camber if I do end up buying them.

Don't be put off by my experience :laugh: DVW & some others have the spacers fitted with no camber problems, just couldn't figure what was causing mine to be so bad. I thought maybe A arm bushings = no, worn/lose bearings = no, struts on wrong = no, the list goes on. I'm just going to elongate the top hole at the bottom of the strut & I should be good to go. I really liked the feel of the vehicle with the spacers fitted & personally I thought it looked better "level". I would elongate the hole on yours when you have the struts out, just in case. :itsallgood:

I thought maybe A arm bushings = no, worn/lose bearings = no, struts on wrong = no, the list goes on.

There are instructions to mount the spacers with the "made in Canada" sticker on the outside (facing the tire). Were you aware of that?

Here we go again.

By adding any spacer to the top of the AC coil or any longer aftermarket coil you are asking for problems.

As the Nx4 site states "Note that when accompanied by NEW aftermarket LIFT springs, you may experience strut 'top out', a condition which may damage the strut over time. These spacers are best combined with OEM springs"

So what are they telling you ?

Middle mount spacer is pre-loading the spring,(making it stiffer) $170

Top mount is making the entire strut assembly longer. "This configuration moves the entire strut assembly downward. by 1". $110

Top out of the strut will not be your only issue. You're gonna get excessive CV angles and positive camber angle. Now you're gonna hear all kinds of opinions, testimonials and gerry-rig solutions. "Just get Locking hubs", will be the first commented solution to the CV angle, dosen't get rid og CV angles just allows you to unlock when not off-road which relieves stress on the joint because it's not be turned costantly just when you need it, but dosen't correct the excessive angle. Another $150 but you should get them anyway!

Next will be, "get camber adj. bolts" most likely 2 per side another expense, $50http://www.amazon.com/Moog-K90474-Camber-Adjusting-Bolt/dp/B000HPQ1EW

Then there will be the whole top out issue which creates alot of debate here at NPORA.

I say go for it. Take alot of pics, before, after and during the process with a measuring device present for reference and let us know how it goes.

Good Luck

I am aware of the strut top out issue, my Qx4 reminds me every time I hit a pothole haha. I just bought a set of locking hubs and I know that's not a full time fix, but it will only really affect my cv's when I'm offroad, so there won't be a constant strain, but it is something I am keeping in mind. If I end up buying the spacers, I will definitely have a handy dandy measuring device to show others how it looks. The ultimate goal for me is to be able to run 33's on the ifs with some cutting, without an sfd and not have it look like dog doo and fix the ugly rake. I really appreciate your input rocky2, even if I do end up neglecting it. Thank you muddyr50!

I am aware of the strut top out issue, my Qx4 reminds me every time I hit a pothole haha. I just bought a set of locking hubs and I know that's not a full time fix, but it will only really affect my cv's when I'm offroad, so there won't be a constant strain, but it is something I am keeping in mind. If I end up buying the spacers, I will definitely have a handy dandy measuring device to show others how it looks. The ultimate goal for me is to be able to run 33's on the ifs with some cutting, without an sfd and not have it look like dog doo and fix the ugly rake. I really appreciate your input rocky2, even if I do end up neglecting it. Thank you muddyr50!

Can't wait to hear back from you.

Read this thread before you neglect anything.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/32829-starting-to-get-really-frustrated-with-ac-2-lift/

That's a good read, thank you for the info. I'm putting on the milemarker hubs on as soon as I get some free garage space... Funds are limited right now anyways, so the spacer might be a bit far off anyways.

not to thread jack but i didn't want to split any hairs with the post about the spacers i just kno that the spacers with shipping to the states can be pricey just wanted to help that is all lol

fyi your qx4 is more of a pathfinder than mine any day dont know what your sig is about lol

Edited by shoesandsocks
  • Like 1