Doug Thorley Headers Installed

BikerJared

@William : Will do. I hope he can work something out.

@Alkorahil : I lost the paper with my codes. I'll pull them again tonight. Its getting bad too. I'll go to accelerate from stops and the car will barely move in 1st and second gear.

@fixinto : Here is the plug. Anybody know what this is? (Right in the center - kind of dark though. Its resting on the wheel well).

8393234920_840088ab26.jpg

Edited by BikerJared

That's the fuel filter. The tiny plug at the bottom appears to be for adjustable shocks.

The pop charger is just a big air filter. Won't make a difference. I don't see a point in upgrading the springs either if you aren't running a turbo. The ECU and cams could do something but it won't be a major increase as the VG30E cams are already quite good. The head is more of an issue than anything. The exhaust only helps because the factory one is made for quietness so it restricts the flow at higher RPMs. Look into a VG33E swap if you really want more power.

Edited by Tungsten

@Alkorahil : CODES

3 RED 3 GREEN - Exhaust Gas Sensor?

3 RED 4 GREEN - Knock Sensor?

These were the only codes.

Checking this thread: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/21-ecu-self-diagnostics-for-87-95-pathfinder/

@Tungsten : Ah, that makes sense. I replaced the factory shocks with non-adjustable ones a year ago.

Edited by BikerJared

New O2 sensor is in. I also added some Lucas fuel injector cleaner to the fuel and drove around for about 20 minutes.

I've cleared the code and haven't seen it pop up again yet. Fingers crossed...

Biker Jared, Im interested in the S2 cams and spring set as well. If you plan on doing it in the spring that would be perfect with me, as that is the only time of year I have to tinker with the pathy. Never really done a buy in like this before, and you will have to explain how it all works,as the only thing Ive ever bought online was pokerstar buy in chips lol

Hey William - could you start a new Group By thread for this? Its a bit off topic for this thread. I haven't spoken with JWT, but based on the Doug Thorley GB, we'll probably need 10 people to pull this off.

@RustFlames I've never done this before either - I have no idea how money works or anything like that. @Steeevo put the Doug Thorley one together.

Edited by BikerJared

I'll take care of it.

James is right. 10 people were needed to get the headers manufactured again. I reckon we will need less to close a GB deal with JWT.

I'll check and let you all know.

• 4 months later...

Got them installed yesterday.

http://youtu.be/iQgEmT6zB5o

Sorry to drag up an older thread but I'm seriously contemplating going this route. Thanks for posting the vid, I have a '95, same color, what's the mfg p/n, THY-464-2-C? And where did you get them? Only finding THY-464-1-C (pre '90) on summitracing, but the 2C's are on ebay for about the same price. And it was difficult to tell, but yours sounded like a manual, but the Thorley website says "19- Does not fit 5-speed models w/ hydraulic clutch."

I can't recall the part number (I'll try to look it up in a bit) but that does sound right. There is a real difference between the two, the earlier model being a long tube design and the later being a short tube design, also the placement of the EGR bung IIIRC.

The website, and many others, will say that it won't fit certain trannys, but it is just a disclaimer. They will fit on both transmission equiped models.

I got mine through Rocky Road Outfitters although they were on the shelf at Thorley IIRC and shipped from there directly to me. You might want to try Rugged Rocks, I thought he put together a group buy recently, but if not and you can find them on e-bay for a fair price, get them. Availability fluctuates from off the shelf to some people waiting almost a year.

From the Thorley website...

THY-464-2-C
CERAMIC COATING, 1990-1995 TRUCK HARD BODIES, 1990-1995 PATHFINDER; 3.0L, 4WD, NO LIFT KITS
List Price: $638.00

Ignore the 'no lift kits' part as well... ;)

B

Thanks for the reply, interesting on the disclaimer, even thought they do fit both, and I found another thread here which lists the "2-c's) that's my bad, should have searched more:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/34418-my-new-doug-thorley-headers-clamp-size/

And here's the ebay listing I found with a very competitive price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doug-Thorley-THY-464-2-C-Silver-Ceramic-Coated-Exhaust-Headers-/380539012478