What did you get your Pathy for Xmas?

rocky2

Where did you get them and how do you like them?

Not sure about thexbrit but DDM Tuning has been selling inexpensive but good HID kits forever. Personally I went with a bulb upgrade and it made a significant difference. I have before and after pics in my build thread on Expedition Portal on page 7.

Where did you get them and how do you like them?

I got them on Fleabay, for $60 including shipping, came from LA in about 3 days. They're really nice, really brighter & way whiter than the old candles I used to have (Sylvania Ultra's). Personally, I like the 6000k, any bluer & people think it's a lowered Honda Civic with a big bore exhaust coming at them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I buy stuff all year round so I didn't get it anything for xmas in particular but my gf got me the ARB tire repair kit and the tire deflator.

xplorx4, you need to post a pic of your truck man!

Here are some pics, as requested:

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Just the lights

Reverse lights

Edited by XPLORx4
  • Like 3

XPLORX4 your truck looks sick!

x2 - very functional and tastefully modded R50 with all the right stuff! What mod would you say you like doing but wasn't necessary and probably wouldn't do again?

I so want a rear ARB locker and/or a winch this year.

x2 - very functional and tastefully modded R50 with all the right stuff! What mod would you say you like doing but wasn't necessary and probably wouldn't do again?

I so want a rear ARB locker and/or a winch this year.

Probably the only mods I made that turned out being worse for me than better have been:

Front swaybar disconnects: the design of the R50 swaybar makes disconnecting it for offroad use impractical because it bangs around on the CV axles or can bind on the suspension brackets when the wheels turn. Solution: remove the front swaybar. Been driving the Pathy without any swaybars for 12 years.

Electric fans: due to the locations and type of wheeling I do, it is too risky to rely on the alternator to provide the only means of engine cooling. The e-fans never really did provide the kind of performance benefit I had expected (ie. better fuel economy, better engine performance), and they proved more troublesome in the long run. 5 years ago, I had an alternator fail on me in Death Valley, which also indirectly took out my cooling system. Well, I drove as long as possible with just battery power before I needed to stop and have another truck jumper-cable charge the battery. I could have gone much longer if the electric fans weren't running full-speed to keep the engine cool. So, I ditched the e-fans and I'm happily running the stock mechanical fan again. This year, I will likely add a 12" auxiliary pusher fan in front of the A/C condenser to keep sufficient air moving through the radiator at low speeds for rock-crawling in warm weather.

Rock lights: inexpensive tractor/utility lights were mounted under the truck, but didn't last very long. I may eventually replace them with LED light strips.

Edited by XPLORx4
  • Like 1

XPLORX4 your truck looks sick! What headlights are those??

The headlights are JDM headlights. Only R50's sold in the Asia-Pacific market came equipped with them from the factory.

For x-mass fixed up the wifes 93 pathy stereo...
threw out the factory deck, both factory amps and all the speakers

Got her a Kenwood deck with USB interface and 4 alpine s-type speakers. We are both very happy with the sound.

Probably the only mods I made that turned out being worse for me than better have been:

Front swaybar disconnects: the design of the R50 swaybar makes disconnecting it for offroad use impractical because it bangs around on the CV axles or can bind on the suspension brackets when the wheels turn. Solution: remove the front swaybar. Been driving the Pathy without any swaybars for 12 years.

Electric fans: due to the locations and type of wheeling I do, it is too risky to rely on the alternator to provide the only means of engine cooling. The e-fans never really did provide the kind of performance benefit I had expected (ie. better fuel economy, better engine performance), and they proved more troublesome in the long run. 5 years ago, I had an alternator fail on me in Death Valley, which also indirectly took out my cooling system. Well, I drove as long as possible with just battery power before I needed to stop and have another truck jumper-cable charge the battery. I could have gone much longer if the electric fans weren't running full-speed to keep the engine cool. So, I ditched the e-fans and I'm happily running the stock mechanical fan again. This year, I will likely add a 12" auxiliary pusher fan in front of the A/C condenser to keep sufficient air moving through the radiator at low speeds for rock-crawling in warm weather.

Rock lights: inexpensive tractor/utility lights were mounted under the truck, but didn't last very long. I may eventually replace them with LED light strips.

Great feedback, thank you! Your Pathy is my Pathy's hero :)

I'll have to look into them, I really like the way they make your truck look 10 years newer.

There's a member who's selling a JDM light set in the For Sale section. Just make sure the fitment is correct for your year.

Great feedback, thank you! Your Pathy is my Pathy's hero :)

LOL, that's funny, because I've been admiring your build over on ExPo! I've been wanting an awning for quite a while; what length is that ARB, and how much did it cost? Pics of how you attached it to your rack would be cool to see.

Edited by XPLORx4

LOL, that's funny, because I've been admiring your build over on ExPo! I've been wanting an awning for quite a while; what length is that ARB, and how much did it cost? Pics of how you attached it to your rack would be cool to see.

Thank you! I didn't know you were on ExPo too :beer:

About the awning, it's the ARB3111 which is 6.5ft in length and fits the truck perfectly from the A pillar to the hatch. I have it mounted on the very sophisticated 'L' brackets from Home Depot :laugh: but they work. I'll take some pics of the brackets and post them in my build thread. Oh I paid $230ish shipped from AutoAnything.com (they had free shipping when I ordered).

BTW, you should totally post your Pathfinder thread on ExPo because it really is one of the nicest R50s I've seen. You've done a great job with with well thought out and quality mods.

Edited by stioc

Got a set of Cooper Discoverer ATR 265/75/16. These tiers were outstanding performance in the snow storm that was raging on my trip form Winston-Salem NC to Toledo Ohio when I moved up on New Years Eve night. I was blasting through the snow at an average 40-55 MPH in 2wd. The only time I have to use the 4wd was to help a older couple out of the ditch with a lil chain pull. It was wome white knucle driving but never once did I slip or falter anywhere...