What do you browse with?

statikuz

What Web browser do you use most often?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What Web browser do you use most often?

• Microsoft Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla
    • Firefox
    • Netscape
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Lynx
    • Other

Just curious, in light of the recent browser wars, what people on this board are using? Personally I use Firefox, I think it's far slicker, faster, more stable, and overall more useful than IE... please just say why you enjoy your particular browser and not why you hate Firefox or IE or Netscape or whatever, don't want to start a flamewar. :)

I got Opera a few years ago because I was tired of the way the Big Two were like 700meg to d/l....plus opera is from Sweden or something like that heh and you can do almost everything with the keyboard! and to me, it seems faster than MSIE....for instance, when I hit "back" (or in my case, cntl-left arrow, or if I am using the mouse, just click "right button left button" quickly) it goes back...instantly, without reloading the page like some do. And I can even scroll around links with the keyboard which is good for me since my elbow aches when I have to use the mouse...that's what you get for being in industrial spray paint for a few years.

And I figured out how to make it open with like eight windows, each with my daily comics (from the newspapers)!!

But I have heard that the new one, is it Firefox? by the people who left netscape? or something....wait I am thinking mozilla. whatever that new one is supposed to be all that.

and a bag o chips as they used to say.

I use Avant browser, which is just a skin for IE, but it has some neat utilities like pop up blocker, spam blocker, a groups function which allows you to group certain saved favorites, and then open them all up at one time with a single click, also it has a neat feature where you can quickly browse back and forth between viewed pages with a few click combo's on the mouse ... with Avant, Microsoft firewall, and symantec, I have not once gotten a virus, adware, or any trojans since I have been using them all ...

I'm with IE just 'cause I'm lazy, too, even though most worms, etc. are designed to hit it being the standard browser. Isn't Firefox an outgrowth of the original Mozilla? Or was it Netscape ? :type: :confused:

Interesting to find this in the "garage"...

Don't make fun of it being in the garage... so I clicked the wrong thread when I made the topic. :)

Firefox is sort of an offspring of Mozilla as in it's a product by the same developers, but otherwise its pretty much its own deal. Netscape is Netscape, although it is kinda hard to draw the lines nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually went out and tried some browsers, I found I liked opera the best, the mouse gestures (like adelard mentioned) makes browsing so easy... plus it has some other cool features I like, very customizable and whatnot, firefox is also pretty good too, I use it at work because opera won't let me higlight then drag and drop text which I need to do a lot for work purposes.

but yeah, when you use any alternative browser you'll still have to use IE for somehtings...

and I just REALLY don't like netscape :P