Conflicted about my RR Super Sliders

stioc

I got the second slider on and I must say other than the ground-clearance height issue they look pretty nice.

theexbrit, I can believe my truck weighing less than all your lights combined :lmao: but in all seriousness how heavy is the brush-guard? While I've never been a fan of them on stock-ish looking trucks but I'm finally thinking of getting one, mainly so I can mount my hi-lift on top of it.

projekz, I love your sig picture, everytime I see it I'm LMAO :laugh:

• Like 1

Thanks dude. It started as a joke with a friend for Movember few years ago. I changed all my Facebook pictures to Gunther and apparently I look like him. Lots of people thought it was actually me lol.

Keep up the work on the Path. It looks like it should've came this way from the factory. So clean!!

I think it all depends on what/how you wheel. I ran without running boards (cause I kept catching on them) for a year with my 2" lift and 31's and came too close to my rockers too many times to count. I put RRO sliders on as my first semi-serious mod and haven't looked back since. I've dropped, teetered, slid, and banged them on all kinds of stuff...just took a little getting used to using them in precarious situations.

I'd be scared to think of what my rockers would look like if they hadn't been on the last 3 years...probably like severly scratched and rusted raisins.

theexbrit, I can believe my truck weighing less than all your lights combined :lmao: but in all seriousness how heavy is the brush-guard? While I've never been a fan of them on stock-ish looking trucks but I'm finally thinking of getting one, mainly so I can mount my hi-lift on top of it.

I think it's about 80-100lbs if I remember rightly. It has saved my front end twice so far, but it's been knocked out of shape doing it!

RRO super sliders are made to order but even then I had them at my door step in two weeks! Matt Frisby at RRO is very responsive and easy to work with, actually the whole team is but I've had great experience dealing with Matt than anyone else there.

Keep them, looks sharp & they are functional.

Consider making the tops stickey if you haul folks around - especially kids/elderly. They are really slippery when used as steps in the rain/snow. I gave mine a couple coats of Plasti Dip, and they seemed OK for my brother when he was on chemotherapy.

The Plasti Dip also helps there appearance, as mine got an "instant" rust film from road salt.

Also, consider welding them on, I haven't yet. But would like to.