VG30DE N/A in a 93 pathy

nismopathy93

3.6L under forced induction? Isn't that stretching it a bit thin? I had also considered boring the engine but not waaay out to 3.6 L, how many thousandths is that, like .040 or .050? If I were ever in a position where I could pull my motor and work it over I don't think I'd want to go much over .020 - .030 BUT add in light weight and balanced pistons and crankshaft, metal headgasket and port and polish, all on the original vg30 block. That be my dream engine for this truck. Good luck, that sucker will be awesome if it doesn't fly apart on you. Your using a vg30DETT block right so are they thicker than the basic vg30?

Best block to bore for a large displacement motor is the vg33e block. Ep racing (best vg builder i know of) is in the process of a vg37e -t build. Around the 1000 HP mark is the goal. Vg33e block has the most casting material of any of them, it can get pretty extreme.

You can buy vg37e or vg38e pistons custom made to any compression ratio for 900$. This is all still with stock stroke too.

Check out the Ep racing Facebook page if u want to see some insane Nissan engine builds. He mostly does vg30dett but he does anything. He is currently building a 1200+ HP gtr motor. Pretty sick

Edited by Nefarious

Mitch is a smart dude but his business ethic sucks so beware if you contact him. He figured out how to spin a SOHC VG to 13,000RPM before it starves of oil - instead of the standard 6,500 with the factory cross drilled crank. Anyone that builds a SOHC needs one of his cranks...

Check out the Ep racing Facebook page if u want to see some insane Nissan engine builds. He mostly does vg30dett but he does anything. He is currently building a 1200+ HP gtr motor. Pretty sick

I thought GT-Rs used an inline 6 DOHC motor..? Right? I thought that's what the original Skyline from back in the 90s used was a Silvia with a single or twin turbo inline 6. I guess if he's a Nissan tech he builds up both types of engine block. I got to hear a GT-R the other day, it sounded incredibly evil..

Inline 6 TT or VQ37?

Edited by gv280z

Yeah the r32-r34 skylines used the rb2xdet(t) inline 6 (2.0-2.6L). The new r35 gtr uses a 3.8L v6 named the VR38DETT. Supposedly it is quite similar to a dual overhead cam VG but with a bunch of refinements. And its all aluminum.

Edited by Nefarious

...meh, bah humbug...I don't like it..that annoys me, somehow I've got this romantic notion of the GT-R still using the inline 6...that's cool, I like those engines, it's disappointing to hear they've switched over to the v block. I have no doubt / am not questioning the HP - performance, I'm sure it's a real slutty demon motor too hot to touch. I am completely enthralled with the new GT-Rs that I get to see on the road about once every two months and every time I'm like 13 again and seeing the prettiest girl in school walk by. That is one impressive car.