Leaking TBI injector

I have an 88 3.0 with a leaking injector.

The truck has recently started running rough, and is very difficult to restart if i stop, such as a gas station. Yesterday it finally threw a code, 45, which got me investigating. If I turn the key to the ON postition without starting the car I can watch fuel drip from one of the injectors onto the butterfly. This causes the truck to run horrible at idle.

My pathfinder is an 88 model but it was built in 9/87. All sites that I look up (O'reilly, Autozone, Python) list different injectors for 87 vs 88.

Here lies the problem, I assume that mine is a 1988 model but I am really not sure. Most companies will not accept returns on these, so I need to know that I am ordering the correct injectors the first time.

As all of you are probably aware these injectors seem to be made of Gold. I can't get over the prices on them. Some places sell them individual, while others sell them in pairs already connected to the harness. I believe that its better to replace in pairs but I wanted to know your opinions.

here are my questions:

Can someone tell me the difference between the 87 vs 88-89 injectors? or if it really makes a difference?

Should I replace these in pairs?

Thx

Edited by Ninetyfivehatch

I have not tried running any fuel system cleaner through them. This problem has been getting progressivly worse. I really started noticing the hard restarting about a month ago. Then for about the last Three weeks sometimes it would start and idle terrirble for about the first few minutes until I drove a few miles. I have since run about 2 full tankfulls of gas through the car During all of this I checked the ECM for codes severl times, and always got code 55, no problems. I needed an emmisions test and decieded to give it a try last friday. Truck passed for everything but failed for high CO, which makes sense now with the leaking injector.

Yesterday morning I got in the truck about 5 am, started it, and it ran worse than ever. It could barely even idle without input from the throttle. I let it run for about a minute, before i really noticed that it was just pouring black smoke out of the tailpipe. I turned around to notice that I had covered my entire street in what looked like fog from all the smoke under the morning streetlights. I turned the car off and this is when it finally had the Leaking fuel injector code.

Is it even worth trying to run a fuel injector cleaner when the problem is already this bad? This is my driver and I really need to get it back on the road.

Thank you, I will send Alkorahil my info and see what they can tell me.