JDM auto trans and transfer case

ahardb0dy

I e-mailed the guy that I bought my JDM VG30 from to see what they get for the trans/transfer case if they sell them at all, when I bought my VG30 it was still bolted to the tranny/transfer case so I figured they would have them. The guy wrote back and said I could have the tranny with or with out the transfer case for $399. I figure the way the engine runs that I bought from them if the trans works as well it would probably be in really good condition. Of course there is no way to tell from looking at it but wanted to ask what you all thought about the price??

Also thought if I did buy the trans/transfer case at least it would be easy to replace the filter being out of the vehicle.

I just checked on Nissan FAST and the VG30E came on the JDM WD21 but is not listed on the JDM D21? Guess the engine I bought had to come out of a pathfinder (terrano).

I wouldn't touch an auto-tragic with a ten foot pole (unless it was rebuilt professionally with warranty, or a HD out of an 01+) unless I could get it for 50 bucks or less, preferably free. Unless the JDM ones are built different?

it wouldn't be a rebuilt it would be an original unit out of a low mileage vehicle, the same as if you bought a JDM engine, like I did with the one i have in my PF now.

I guess he said same price for the trans and transfer case as they probably don't want a transfer case sitting in their warehouse. I thought if my trans did take a crap with my experience with having them rebuilt (3 times on my 87 hardbdody at $2K each time and they never lasted as long as the original one did) I would pick up the JDM trans/transfer case and just have the whole thing swapped.

The JDM engine I have in my PF now and the first one I bought years ago that I had swapped into my hardbody both ran/run like they were brand new, in the hardbody I could definitely notice a difference in power.

It was weird though the JDM engine I bought 20 or so years ago was more expensive than the one I bought 2 years ago. $1350 - $600

The first engine had all ribbed belt pulleys on it compared to V groove and had a FI setup different than what the PF has.

The second engine that I have now was almost identical to the PF engine that was in my PF other than not having the EGR temp sensor, had to pull it from the bad motor.

The first engine looked spotless, freeze out plugs were shiny gold, when the valve covers were removed ( they were different than the hardbody) everything under the covers was clean, the guy that did the swap for me was impressed on the overall condition of the engine.

The second engine was pretty clean I had 2 to chose from I took the one with the factory blue "pitwork" oil filter. good choice so far !!

Edited by ahardb0dy