VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

that was a quote from a person who recently bought an altima hybrid at a used car store, ran out of gas, and had the vehicle towed here to our facility.

I just went out to the parking lot to look at a lady's white Altima. she said she needed a new wheel. when we got to the vehicle in the parking lot we discovered it is a white Chevy Malibu.......

Edited by Alkorahil
  • Like 1

Someone has been lying to her this whole time!! :ohno01:

I don't want to make any disparaging comments about the D/FW area, but you do seem to have an ususually high concentration of morons there. Either that or someone is sending them all to your dealership and telling them to ask for Rob... :unsure:

B

• Like 1

I don't want to make any disparaging comments about the D/FW area, but you do seem to have an ususually high concentration of morons there. Either that or someone is sending them all to your dealership and telling them to ask for Rob... :unsure:

B

She seemed surprised her Malibu wasnt a nissan. her exact words....."Oh, but I bought it here last year."

Which is true. She did. From our used car department.

B

It is Collin County.

They arent morons per se, just unwilling to admit when they are out of their element. It is difficult to explain.

• 4 weeks later...

What a week this past one was! In the ongoing saga that is what people do to their vehicles.

Got some good ones to share.

First up!

Take a look at this motor we pulled out of am older Maxima to replace.. Take a good look, do you see it???

IMG00479-20140703-1855_zpsa885d893.jpg

Now look closer........that is a cut piece of garden hose for a coolant hose!!!

IMG00478-20140703-1854_zps48bf7dd4.jpg

Edited by Alkorahil

My dad and I put a piece of garden hose on our Scout the other day. I was thinking we'd pick up some proper hose to replace it, but it looks like that guy's repair job outlasted the motor! :lol:

Before I scrolled down I was thinking the fail had something to do with the discolored aluminum around the fuel rail. Did it catch fire or something?

Actually, that looks like fiber reinforced high pressure tubing that has quite thick walls and can be bought at any hardware store by the foot (but was probably lifted from work or something) and would probably work perfectly well as long as it was temp rated high enough and glycol resistant. I think I'd actually like a clear upper radiator hose... :lol:

How many miles on the motor, and do you know why it was pulled?

B

It was siezed up. Bad main bearings. The aftermarket servince insurance company paid to have a used motor put in the vehicle. It looked worse on the outside than the one they took out.

I also like the idea of a clear upper hose. Good way to keep an eye on the coolant with out waiting for the engine to cool down just so I can grab a flashlight and remove the cap.

Edited by devonianwalk

I have seen stuff like that on a Mitsubishi Evo once. Clear valve covers, thermostat housing, water pump. so you can see the inside. It was freaky. At looked expenisve and something that would crack.break easily.

Yeah, I'd be happy with just one top hose...

I'm going to look at the ratings next time I'm at the hardware store. With a body lift, I have to cut down stock hoses anyway... :shrug:

B

My buddy's Dad was an old Datsun/Nissan tech back in the day. He's got a few clear distributor caps for L-Series and KAs. They're pretty cool.