VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

THIS IS 'MERICA I DON'T NEED NO CADILLAC CONVERTER TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

(I have nothing against my american friends on here, but this is how I feel whenever this topic comes up)

Edited by adamzan
  • Like 3

(I have nothing against my american friends on here, but this is how I feel whenever this topic comes up)

It's so very true though! :lol:

(All my vehicles that came with them still have them).

Okay so this is a true story...I was in Florida with my buddy in 2012, actually drove my pathy there. Anyways we are at a traffic light while this explorer beside us keeps stalling and running rough. Some guy comes up from behind, gets out of his car and tells the lady in the exploder that its her "cadillac converter" and to go home and stab all the stuff out of it...I swear this actually happened. Does the sun bake their brains out down there?

• Like 2

Okay so this is a true story...I was in Florida with my buddy in 2012, actually drove my pathy there. Anyways we are at a traffic light while this explorer beside us keeps stalling and running rough. Some guy comes up from behind, gets out of his car and tells the lady in the exploder that its her "cadillac converter" and to go home and stab all the stuff out of it...I swear this actually happened. Does the sun bake their brains out down there?

It's the sun and drugs....

The fact that they are only 50 feet away from the ocean for 400 miles doesn't help either...

There's been a few Canadians who do the same thing, but yeah, the ignorant everywhere are an embarassment and liability.

B

B

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/post--study-mercedes-has-lowest-vehicle-recall-rate-bmw-is-most-responsive-to-repairs#scpshrjmd

Interesting article, it would have been better if it showed SAFETY recalls not just looking at all recalls - such as a loose screw on a speaker that makes it rattle.

What people dont realize or dont want to accept is, no matter what, every car is a rolling deathtrap.

Edited by Alkorahil
  • Like 1

captain_murica-178606.jpg

• Like 1

What people dont realize or dont want to accept is, no matter what, every car is a rolling deathtrap.

Still the most dangerous method of transportation AFAIK.

Cars kill more people than guns do every year in the US, and that includes suicides. Kind of ironic that something designed for transportation kills more people than something designed for killing does. I'd say we are doing it wrong...

B

• Like 1

thats it if cars kill more people than guns something must be done! lets start by only allowing qualified trained people have them. have proper places to store them and limit the number of occupants.

• Like 2

And no fancy steering wheels, shifters, mufflers or GPS devices! :ar15:

Seriously though, I honestly believe a lot of people on the road shouldn't be, if only because they are too casual about it. I also believe if the penalties for poor/illegal driving were stiffer, people would take things more seriously as well.

B

On that note....

I was watching 'Animals That Will Kill You' on Discovery Wild a while back. It had a cool title so I had to watch!

On this show they were counting down the most deadly animals on earth based on how many people they kill a year. They had sharks and things like that on it that you would expect.

Surprising to me the top two killers of people were:

#2 Hippos

#1 Domestic Dog.

Again, people don't think much of dogs as being dangerous killers like they would percieve a great white shark because we are comfortable and accustomed to them just like with a vehicle. Yell shark and people run for their lives, yell dog and they look at you funny.

Also think about this....Rabies is more dealy than Ebola. You have a 40% chance of surving Ebola, but 0% chance of surviving Rabies. Taht makes Rabies mroe deadly than Ebola. Difference is we have a treatment for Rabies. If you had an Ebola outbreak in a major US city it would be mass panic, Rabies....wont make the news probably.

Yep, hippos are nasty! Nocturnal (mostly), range up to 10 miles a night, can run 20 mph (for short distances anyway), weigh 3,000lbs+ and are highly territorial. I knew they were the most dangerous animal in Africa (caused the most deaths) but I didn't know in the world!

I won't turn my back on a angry/strangely acting dog. There is a way to kill almost any dog quickly but it involves and knife and a guarentee of being bitten. No thanks...

Talking about sharks, cows kill far more people than sharks do.

"Bill's dead!"

"What happened?"

"Cow killed him..."

:doh:

B

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking.......if you do not know if your Xterra is 2wd or 4wd and you do not even know what that means.....you don't need to be working on your own vehicle..... :shrug:

<sigh>

• Like 1

"Is it a 4 wheel drive?"

"It has 4 wheels and drives on them, so yes..."

:doh:

Hopefully it was for windshield wipers, not brake calipers or ball joints! :ohno01:

B

Window Regulator is what he wanted. I asked if it was 4wd to try to weed out the options and grades.

You should "help them" with their "correct" brake calipers Alkorahil.... that might begin to remove some of the less than desirables from the road ;-)

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder

LOL

So wrong!

I do not expect the average layman person who walks up to the parts counter or calls in on the phone to know alot of technical stuff about their vehicle but I do expect them to know some basics about what they drive everyday.

But it surprises me how many people do not know what year their vehicle is, or even what model Nissan it is. (I think it is a sentra).

Or even better....'I have a Toyota Avalon'.

• Like 1

Every time someone asks what one of the classics hanging around the shop is I usually say "97 Mazda Protege" or some random obviously 'not a 57 Chevy hardtop' thing. Get a lot of "really!?" Yup, kit car. It's actually a FWD 4 cylinder. Igiots