VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

The one I see all the time looks like this...

4pontiac_aztec.jpg

And in about the same shape. Someone likes them some Aztek!

Interestingly, that picture is from a Businessweek article titled The World's Ugliest Cars. :lol:

B

Ever see the "pea green" Aztec?

40503322.jpg

Yuck, that color reminds me of the ugliest BMW color, EVAR!

E46 M3 came with an option of Phoenix Gold. Should have been called Baby Poop Green. SO UGLY

dsc04228l.jpg

Such a fantastic car to be ruined by such a horrible color!!

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

What? I like weird colors like that.

I was a huge fan of all late 60's to late 70's Datsun colors as well though. There was definitely some BSB (baby sh*! brown!) in those years.

So I called one of our shipping companies with a shipment issue.

I spoke to a guy, who obviously was in a call center in India, who stated his name was Meagan.

• 2 months later...

Okay, fng here. I just read the whole thread. Keep em coming!

BTW- if someone brings in a Pathfinder to your shop to have the water pump replaced and the service writer suggests the owner should go ahead and do the timing belt and cam seals, the owner agrees, wouldn't that be a good time to do the obviously worn belts? Just trying to get a sanity check here.

Okay, fng here. I just read the whole thread. Keep em coming!

BTW- if someone brings in a Pathfinder to your shop to have the water pump replaced and the service writer suggests the owner should go ahead and do the timing belt and cam seals, the owner agrees, wouldn't that be a good time to do the obviously worn belts? Just trying to get a sanity check here.

It would be a good suggestion if they were going to do the timingbelt, especially if the belts were old/worn out. I would have suggested it.

Yah, Thought so. I had them replace the water pump, timing belt and cam seals. Then 3 days later the alt belt broke on me. I had noticed the worn belts but was going to wait until Saturday to take it back in. The alt belt broke on Tuesday. I replaced all 3 belts rather jack with Service. Thanks.

Anymore interesting stories?

• 3 weeks later...

We had on Wednesday a lady with a 350z. the tech brought the air filter out of the vehicle to the back counter to get a new one a handed to me. There was all this very very fine gritty sand coming out of the filter like playground sand. It was coming out of both sides of the filter. I showed it to the customer and suggested to the customer they change their oil as the fine particles are probably in the engine and oil, and she was uninterested in doing so. what can yuo do? :shrug:

We had on Wednesday a lady with a 350z. the tech brought the air filter out of the vehicle to the back counter to get a new one a handed to me. There was all this very very fine gritty sand coming out of the filter like playground sand. It was coming out of both sides of the filter. I showed it to the customer and suggested to the customer they change their oil as the fine particles are probably in the engine and oil, and she was uninterested in doing so. what can yuo do? :shrug:

Quote them a new engine?

• Like 1

So I called one of our shipping companies with a shipment issue.

I spoke to a guy, who obviously was in a call center in India, who stated his name was Meagan.

I do that to people that call us sometimes if I recognize the number quick enough and know they won't hang up instantly, I usually use 'Becky". Why? I hear those old Capitol One "My name Peggy" commercials in my head and if I say 'Peggy" I won't keep my straight face, so it sounds close enough to keep me in 'Eff with people seriously' mode.

We had an older gentlemen here earlier today preaching to the customers in the waiting area who were waiting for their oil changes.

He was wearing a pith helmet and white serapee with brown leather sandals and had his leather-bound bible with him, showing it to people.

According to this 'prophet', the world is ending in 8 days because God is mad at us for hurting the envrionment. He told us all this in a very loud voice while he was here waiting for his Nissan Leaf batteries to charge.....

He then took a few complimentary bagels from the coffee bar in the wait area and went outside to the front parking lot and fed the grackles/birds Panera bagels and sang loud hymns/songs up to the sky.

He has been here before a few times. He likes to corner you as you walk by and tell you about Jesus. Well his vesion of it all anyways......

I always wondered how people like that exist/survive in society. Doing/believing your own thing is is fine, but shoving it in other peoples faces is usually not received so kindly...

I would have loved to see the pith helmet though, that's awesome! :aok:

B

• Like 1

According to this 'prophet', the world is ending in 8 days because God is mad at us for hurting the envrionment. . . . He likes to corner you as you walk by and tell you about Jesus. Well his vesion of it all anyways......

Matthew 24:36, ""But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Unless that dude is pulling a Morgan Freeman from Bruce Almighty, I would have serious doubts that he is the Father. . .

To me the funniest part of all this is that he drives a Leaf. Somehow, strangely, it is more ironic than if he drove a Prius. I did not know that was possible.

• Like 1

It has been my experience over the past few years that the majority of Leaf owners are well..........lets say they make me shake my head, sigh and say "Leaf owners."

• Like 1

If you get one look at the lease program as an option. Its pretty good and if it ends up not being something you want long term you are only in it for 3 years.

As to becoming 'one of those'......... :shrug:

Actually, I agree. The Tesla is a real car, electric or not. :aok:

If you get one look at the lease program as an option. Its pretty good and if it ends up not being something you want long term you are only in it for 3 years.

As to becoming 'one of those'......... :shrug:

Good point, thanks for the tip. We are doing fine with cars so it would be more of a 'want' item, but she only works 5 miles from home and most of our shopping/visiting/activities are within a 25 mile radius. It would be nice to have a no gas vehicle, as I expect another price increase soon.

Hmm, a 2004 Toyota Matrix, 2013 Leaf, 1995 Pathfinder and 1978 VW Beetle Cabriolet sounds like it should be sufficient... :D

B